How you guys store your mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As with most others. I also put a hole in each corner to allow air circulation/drainage during storage/transport. I wash it after every dive ensure the neoprene slap strap is 100% dry before storing. It came in a travel case, Atomic, but the tabs broke off so I bought one from DGX. Dive shops usually have some old ones kicking around and will sometimes part with one for free.

Mine goes in a Cordura Travel Shower kit (two masks actually) that have two big side pockets for my wrist computers, wrist depth gauge, and compass. This goes with me on every dive, so I keep all my c-cards in there as well

LOL, guess I'm totally the minority... ridden hard, put away wet, thrown in my mesh dive bag and abused like a red headed step child with all the rest of the dive gear, fins, dive computers etc.... It seems to love it, hasn't complained yet, and been using the same mask for 20 years.

Mask case...:rofl3:

Maybe the don't make em like they used to?

As most when traveling or at home I store it in the original container. I also have a extra strap and a small bottle of defogger so I do not forget it. I also have another mask box that I have my compass, computer and my bottom timer in it. It is perfect and keeps them from getting dinged in transit to dive sites or during flights to new locations.

When traveling I put the mask in my hood with my gloves covering the face hole in the hood. Works very well with a snorkel. At home it has a nice spot it stays in until packed.

Bob
---------------------
I may be old, but I'm not dead yet.

LOL, guess I'm totally the minority... ridden hard, put away wet, thrown in my mesh dive bag and abused like a red headed step child with all the rest of the dive gear, fins, dive computers etc.... It seems to love it, hasn't complained yet, and been using the same mask for 20 years.

Mask case...:rofl3:

Maybe the don't make em like they used to?

That's funny:rofl3:...

If my mask isn't on my face, it's in my fin pocket. Hanging it on your tank valve, tucking it in your BCD, or leaving it on the boat bench are all good ways for it to get smashed or fall overboard. My other fin pocket typically holds my hood--whenever it's not on my head, that is :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom