Howdy from Arizona

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

George Price

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm getting back into diving, and that means buying gear. So I am bringing you'all this quick question, "Should I just buy a good drysuit (I'm thinking either HOG or 03) or will I be better served by buying 7mm wetsuit?" I'm going to be burning my way toward PADI Divemaster and then doing full out tech diver course of study. Think winter water temps. Thank you.

I use the rule of 120 for drysuit diving if air temp and water temp dont add up to 120 it is time for the drysuit.

As far as suits go I personally like my Fusion Tech.

Welcome to scubaboard by the way.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Be sure to check out the Exposure Protection forum for more information about suits.

Ray

I use the rule of 120 for drysuit diving if air temp and water temp dont add up to 120 it is time for the drysuit.

As far as suits go I personally like my Fusion Tech.

Welcome to scubaboard by the way.
I like that rule! I may just have to use it.

I'm getting back into diving, and that means buying gear. So I am bringing you'all this quick question, "Should I just buy a good drysuit (I'm thinking either HOG or 03) or will I be better served by buying 7mm wetsuit?" I'm going to be burning my way toward PADI Divemaster and then doing full out tech diver course of study. Think winter water temps. Thank you.
In temps and the type of diving that you describe, I'd opt for the drysuit. Especially if topside temps are a little cooler as that's where a drysuit truly shines.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....I'm cold just reading this thread....LOL

Back
Top Bottom