Votes: 27 33.3%
  • HP120

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • OTHER

Votes: 31 38.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started this thread pre-summer rush, trying to figure out which tanks I should buy.

Thank you to all of the posters that gave my lots of info to consider from many different angles.:D:D

I was given the oportunity to think long and hard as I nursed a torn meniscus:shakehead: in my right knee and waited patiently to get back to work and DIVING!

Four days back to work, a dive trip in the works... and I tore the meniscus in my left knee!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:shocked2:

Back to the mags and catalogs....:dork2:

I finally decided on the hp120's by Worthington.

Size, weight, buoyancy... they are the perfect match for my diving!

I found them at Scubatoys.com for a good price (and the SB 10% discount), so I made the call...:lotsalove:

4 days later, the tanks were delivered via UPS, and I am the proud owner of my first set of steel tanks.:wink::wink:

That was two weeks ago...

As of this past Wednesday, I am back to work at the firehouse (FINALLY!!!) and back in the water!:D

I have used the tanks for 4 days of diving already and LOVE THEM!!!!!

I have alot of time to make-up for. I can't remember a drier summer since before my OW course!! I am heading south again on 9/13. (I'll post appropriately)

The weight characteristics are fantastic... I am still fine tuning my trim weights. Something I have not really been able to do in the past, just because of the amount of weight I was carrying. Bye-bye AL100's...

Thanks again to all of you who fed me the info which helped me to make the decision. I think this is one which I will be happy with for a very long time.

:eyebrow::eyebrow::eyebrow:Scott

p.s. I have had absolutely NO problems finding hp fills for these tall tanks. (even the guy that tried to sell me the 100's because he couldn't fill the 120's)

Back
Top Bottom