HS diving club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emtdan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey guys,
I am a rescue diver, and have been diving for 3 and a half years.
I go to a small private school in MA.

I just realized that a few of my friends are certified, and i have started a "scuba diving club". We have already met a few times.

We would like to plan trips, but are unsure of what/ how to do it in MA.
My school has a program called Exploration Week, where all the students go somewhere they have never been before, and learn something in a new way, also called informal education. This takes place in March.

I was thinking about trying to create a trip to the carribien or Florida to do some diving, marine bio, and maybe do some releif work from the Hurricanes. We also want to open the trip up for people who arent nessacarily certified.

I am writing to ask if anybody has any ideas. We need as much help as we can get.

thanks a lot,
DES

Sounds like fun! SCUBA clubs are great. I would like to start one at my university. That way there'll always be someone to go diving with--even at this cold time of year.

I'd suggest going to your school, and make sure everything's approved. I know with private schools that liability issues are a lot more harry. I go to a private University, and High Adventure clubs aren't allowed, and if they are, then everything has to stay on campus, meaning no diving. Good luck, though. If things work out then I'm sure that your LDS would be able to help out. Your school should have funding for those kinds of things.

Tyler

I just started a ventures troop through the Boy Scouts. Venturing means co-ed so none of my students get left out. I recruited my LDS owner to be my Instutional Head so that we don't have to wade through the red tape of the school district when we want to go on trips. The LDS has offered us a chance to make some credit in his store by doing clean-up activities at his training location. We just did our first discover class with 4 of our members and will be doing another in January. Only 9 members so far but the word is getting around at school and have more wanting to join us. I plan to do a "aware" clean-up along the river that passes our school in the spring and at the very least get our members certified through our loval LDS. One fun dive is the goal for this year but who knows what can happen in the future.

FYI....the Boy Scouts have 3 locations in the Keys for their members to visit and explore. They also have a couple of live aboards for the scouts to schedule trips on.

What a great way to feed the habit. Diving and giving kids a place to get wet. Woo Hoo. Gonna be fun (if it doesn't kill me)

Brian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom