Hydrex Superdry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremygo

Registered
Reaction score
HI,

I have questions about the Hydrex Superdry, how is it supposed to work? I know that the Superdry top closes when you submerge, but when I tried it this morning water still came in the snorkel when I free dove to around 10 ft. While It was not fully filled with water, it was still alot that I had to purge on the way up so I could breath in.

Is this right? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have a faulty snorkel?

Thanks,

Jeremy

jeremygo:
HI,

I have questions about the Hydrex Superdry, how is it supposed to work? I know that the Superdry top closes when you submerge, but when I tried it this morning water still came in the snorkel when I free dove to around 10 ft. While It was not fully filled with water, it was still alot that I had to purge on the way up so I could breath in.

Is this right? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I have a faulty snorkel?

Thanks,

Jeremy

My wife has the Oceanic UltraDry snorkel and she was down to 15 feet in 480 F water in the Atlantic and did not get a drop of water in the snorkel. She was doing skills for her open water checkout dives.

Jeremy,

One of the challenges to this type of forum is we can't physically see what is going on. The Hydrex snorkel should be dry. If you have your mouth around the mouthpiece and submerge, the valve should close and keep the tube dry. I suggest trying again and pay attention to see if you are doing something specific that might prevent the valve from closing all the way. I just had a dealer tell me how pleased he was of the performance of the snorkel. If the issue continues to persist, I suggest working with the dealer on a replacement, as it should be a dry snorkel.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom