Hydro prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$25 for hydro here. Fire extinguisher company. I tumble, VIS, and O2 clean my own tanks, and rebuild and clean the valves.

I just took two tanks in for hydro,vis and fill and the price was 138.00 dollars, I was wondering what others are paying? I have four more tanks that need a hydro,a set of 72 doubles and two steel low pressure tanks.

That's high. Typically I pay around $25 for hydro and VIP at a hydro facility and $5 for a fill at a dive shop. If I take the cylinder to a dive shop and have them send it out for hydro, it's a little more, usually about $45 for hydro, VIP, and fill; this includes a new burst disc and some minor valve maintenance if needed.

Mine just raised prices from $50 to $75. That includes hydro, addtl vis, new burst disk, and fill. They outsource the hydro.

San Diego we pay $20 for Aluminum or LP Steel and $30 for HP Steel.

Which dive shop are you using for those price? I'm moving back to San Diego, the first time out there I was just renting everything and this time we are buying tanks so this matters now. Does that $30 include a fill?

Which dive shop are you using for those price? I'm moving back to San Diego, the first time out there I was just renting everything and this time we are buying tanks so this matters now. Does that $30 include a fill?
San Diego Divers is the best and only dive shop I go to. The owners are the employees with the exception of two awesome people. It does not include fill but does include visual. They have $4 fills if you buy $40 air card and unlike other shops that gouge you for HP fills $4 fills any tank. Also, the Nitrox is the best deal in town. Someone told me early on if I was going somewhere else I was being ripped off and I have found that to be true. Hit me up for a dive! I try to hit the shores weekly.

My LDS wants $35 for a hydro (they send out) plus $15 for the vis & $7 for a fill. I just found a welding supplies/hydro shop in the same town that charges $18 for steel and $20 for aluminum hydros. That $15-$17 adds up. I'm going to give them a try and just get the vis & fill done at my LDS. I like to support my LDS but that's a lot of markup for just delivering and picking up tanks. Did I mention the LDS waits till they have a bunch to hydro before getting it done? Usually mid-winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom