I finally bought a house in Cave Country! W00T!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it considered a floating dock now??? Sry, Jim. I couldn't resist. Glad the house is fine.

Is it considered a floating dock now??? Sry, Jim. I couldn't resist. Glad the house is fine.

Hah, yea I guess so.

These are the things that keep us occupied until they stand over us with a shovel. Wish I was close enough to help.

IMG_0500.PNG
Our power is back on in High Springs
Now to deal with this in Key Largo!

It looks like a video, Jim, but I can't get it to play. I take it that's your house on the right?

It looks like a video, Jim, but I can't get it to play. I take it that's your house on the right?

It is a screenshot from a video.

This is my second day with a throbbing knee. There's no pain when I'm off of it, but it lets me know when I walk. There's still so much to do around here. I've got the roof on the workshop to repair, siding to buy and put on, insulation and white hardboard for the inside, still tons of yard work to accomplish, wiring to the Scuba shack, another lean to to repair and the list seems endless.

I got quite a late start today, but I managed to remove the next 100 ft of fence and all the small poles that held it up. I just looked and realize that I have no pictures of the "before". I'll take a few tomorrow while you can still see the outlines of the fences I have pulled and the ones still to come down. It's really opening up the place and will make mowing it so much easier. There are a couple dead trees that need to come down as well. That will happen once the fences are gone.

1w1mxl.jpg

First, and I posted this in the meme thread, sometimes work and home intersect... Yes, I'm feeling a bit de-fence-ive.:D

1w2l61.jpg

This morning, I wore myself out in just a few hours moderating my driveway. :D :D :D Here are more pictures...

1smq_oCIEq0udXqsFZYxp-NxUazsvs0zgvkr02XCc-AA8adJzto08FIyoywWDsB_HJ1uevODCP_NA0bBQg=w1204-h903-no.jpg

q1FRsfGz7kXK7N4Q7yk4jtMnDYeU-oqTapS8Yqu4ywrW4wSbe0RaJ7-LoOmIGE2tlLyLyN-pKcyVbQKyTA=w1204-h903-no.jpg

Yes, I bent the crap out of the yard crane. Still usable since I noticed that I was pumping, but the pole had stopped moving. On a couple of these poles, I pulled it up a few inches and then cut an inch or two below the soil line, so I don't have a huge hole to wipe out an ankle. There was a 12" x 18" timber just behind the dead tree and I could not get it to budge, so I cut it right at the soil line.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom