I finally got my PRAM wet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't worry, there will be another run of freedom plates. I don't know when yet but it will happen. Keep checking SB and VDH and now DMX. I will post something about it when I have more.
I'm waiting to hear from people how they like the new 1/4" aluminum flat back version (no bracket).
I really like my personal one.

I'm enjoying mine, especially with the double hose. I'm using it wingless sometimes and sometimes with an old dive rite travel wing.

DMX= Dive Matrix?

Not to speak for another person but you have to understand the Freedom Plate is a low volume, evolving concept/product. To the credit of ZKY he has continued to improve and experiment to produce a multi mission, minimalist plate that works with a wing, without a wing and functions with a double hose or with the most modern gear you can find. That is a big pill to swallow, manufacturers keep changing their wings, we keep fussing about double hose junk (lol) and all the poor guy really wanted to do is produce a few plates for minimalist scuba divers, ha ha. Each run of plates is somewhat different from the previous and a few here and there are one of a kind experiments. I am sure when he gets around to FP Gen V it will be to die for!

N

This is me about 6 hours ago with my PRAM and Freedom Plate.

PetePRAM1.jpg

Here is my PRAM and Freedom Plate Showing off to an Evolution rebreather.

Gear.jpg

The wreck was the Onondaga and the water temp was 45F.

Pete Johnson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom