I got addicted to diving....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skoock

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The time has come to replace my used Scubapro Evertec as it has gone from a Drysuit to dampsuit. The material in-between the zipper teeth is now too frayed and old to seal me up from the ocean and leaks a bit too much for my liking. After my second 45 min dive I'm soaked around the bottom half of the zipper and am freezing cold. If I ever hope to progress my diving I'm going to need a new suit.

So scubaboard I once again ask for your help in making some big budget decisions

I have recently fallen in love with wreck diving and plan to do the wreck Trek around Vancouver/Vancouver Island. Lots of squeezing through tight spaces, sharp edges, as well as rocky shore diving every weekend I can't get on a charter. Water temperature ranges from 6c-14c.

Looking for a suit that's front-zip + zip cover (velcro is fine but prefer zipper)
Non-telescoping. Yes I realize it may be a bit harder to don/doff but I'm willing to make that sacrifice to shed some bulk.
This feature isn't necessary but I think it would be ideal for me.
I think I would prefer a plastic zipper but I'm could be convinced either way.
Built in boots preferred
Pockets for both legs
Tri-lam or compressed neoprene
Knee pads, elbow pads
Made to measure
Don't really have a budget, I want to use this suit for 10+ years so I really just want what's best for me

The suits I have been eyeing are
Otter Britannic
Bare xcs2
Bare x mission evolution
Santi e.motion

I’d really try to avoid having a front zip non telescoping suit unless it’s something like the neoprene Pinnacle or similar. The TLS portion “bulk-add” is trivial compared to your undergarments and average human shape. I’d add SFTech on the expensive end and Seaskin on the frugal end. You could pick up two of the latter for the price of the former.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom