i guess I'm a fossil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glennster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
i was digging around in my dive locker and found some of my early dive gear. here was my first horse collar bc (thats what we called em in the olden days) it also has a co2 cartridge for emergency inflation. it worked well for diving doubles as you could dump the tanks, pop the inflator off and get away from the rig. great for boarding a boat in rough water.
upload_2020-9-10_18-54-33.jpeg

heres my old dacor dart regulator. probably circa mid to late 1960s

upload_2020-9-10_19-3-35.jpeg

and back in the day, if you were spearfishing off west palm you either needed a powerhead or shark dart

upload_2020-9-10_19-5-3.jpeg

and some old spg’s pre dive console

upload_2020-9-10_19-7-27.jpeg

and last, my first regulator usd aquamaster 2 stage double hose. man we were living large in the olden days!

Did you ever have to use the darts?

Cool you saved your old gear.
only had to use the dart once spearfishing on a super aggressive bull shark. buddies of mine carried powerheads on the end of their spearguns. they used the big mahogany guns. i used a pneumatic gun, dacor arrow jet 50. probably still have it around some where. back in the 60s and 70s most divers spearfished, and the sharks learned a free meal could be had by stealing a speared fish . the click ofvthe guns trigger brought them in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom