i guess I'm a fossil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got a reg that looks like that (came with a pile of gear my buddy & I bought online years ago). Will have to check on the model. Is that Cousteau one you have worth any money?

My brother dived a fair bit early '80s. We dive together once yearly. He said he doesn't like the inflator and would prefer orally inflating like he used to back then.

@glennster. Fossil? At least you had a horse collar and spg. Those were high tech items from from some advanced alien civilization when I first started diving and cave diving with a single stage Voit Avalon regulator, 72cf steel tank with J valve, a blue plastic backpack, and homemade wetsuits and weights. I sure would not try that again today.

@glennster. Fossil? At least you had a horse collar and spg. Those were high tech items from from some advanced alien civilization when I first started diving and cave diving with a single stage Voit Avalon regulator, 72cf steel tank with J valve, a blue plastic backpack, and homemade wetsuits and weights. I sure would not try that again today.
the horse collar came later. the first. vest i had was an old amf swimaster safety vest, manual inflate. the double hose had no pressure gauge, just used a j valve. a buddy of mine got a nemrod fenzy vest, wow that was something. had a small hp tank that you twisted to get a shot of air in the vest. not the greatest for buoyancy control. there was a regulator made by healthways, called the scubair, then your tank pressure got low, the regulator would make a high pitch whistle sound. i will have to dig around and see what else i have laying around. somewhere is my underwater dredge, and i have an arcair cutting torch around here too. also have a nikonos iv rig, ikelite slr housing and accessories for a minolta srt 102.

heres another i found in the attic. a dacor pul underwater light. 12 v. used two gel type batteries. the also made one with double bulbs. iirc, this was either half million or one million candle power on a spot bulb

upload_2020-9-11_18-21-44.jpeg

upload_2020-9-11_18-23-9.jpeg

ooooh heres another, two early dive manuals. diving for fun by joe strykowski, it was an awesome training book for a new diver the other book is the noaa diving manual for science and technology. a wealth of information. even has instructions for recompression chamber operations. i also posted a page from their u.s. navy standard air decompression table. for a 60 minute dive at 300 feet on air, your total ascent time with deco stops is 460 minutes! i dont think padi would approve that profile

upload_2020-9-11_19-0-45.jpeg

upload_2020-9-11_19-1-55.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-9-11_19-2-33.jpeg
    upload_2020-9-11_19-2-33.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 30
Oooh, man...I really like that NOAA manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom