I need basic info on buying a regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dulcediver,

I have an r380 and liked it alot. it breathes easy and will be an excellent choice for warm water. My dght now has it as she is in classes. If it is on an mk16 or mk20/25 you will not need to upgrade those at all but if you have an mk2 and want to do Nitrox you will need to change your first. Enjoy

chuckrt

Thanks to both of you for supporting me in this decision. I will be diving with the reg next weekend (August 9). I will post again when I get back and let you know how it went.

Looks like you managed to aquire a fine piece of kit there. You will be pleased with the reg. no doubt.

In answer to Florida_boys question about cave diving, and choice of regs...Listen to the advice that sheck33 has given you with regards to quality of you main, and back up reg. DO NO GO CHEAP. A cave is the last place you want to be when you find that your choice on saving some money, may have just cost you your life. If you are really lucky, you might come out of a bad situation alive but shaken, however, chances are you wont. Get trained. Buy smart, not cheap. Practice and drill till you can do OOA, and other emergencies without thinking, but on aquired instinct!

Cave diving is exhilerating and fun, and the exhileration is magnified to some degree by the hostile nature of the enviroment you are entering. (Hostile by way of no means of quick escape, confined, and full of unseen hasards.) It will look easy when watching someone who is trained and has experience, but the trouble starts when some people wrongly perceive it as being easy. Don't get sucked in by this illusion.

Have fun on your journey into cave diving, be prepared, be trained, and be safe.

Back
Top Bottom