I thought I had seen it all...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW - did I start some CRAP here or what... :shocked2:

OK, see the new thread...

:popcorn:

No reason you can't mount a credit card swipe terminal on the boat, for the tips :)

I haven't had a chance to check out the dive quarters boat yet. I did my Advanced open water classwork with them. $250 or so, no option not to buy the DVD. The "instructor" whips through the answers one night. He didn't even bother showing up the second. Having learned so much more reading sites like this and rebreatherworld.com, I felt pretty robbed.

I didn't make a big deal, but I know where I'm referring my friends for their courses.

Some day I'm going to have to look into what it takes to run a dive shop. It couldn't be too hard to win people over in our market.

I got an email or two over my comment. I should add to it, and say that I have no major issues with service from DQ. The employees seem okay (I normally end up dealing with Matt (I believe is his name). I am aware they have their own hydrostatic testing facility and what not. They've got the parts the other shops don't seem to have (odd hose adapters, etc).

But not perfect.

I use DQ and LDC regularly, but get punished for doing so.

I have used both DQ & LDC & it is hands down DQ as the winner in regards to service & training, I don't expect the instructors to hold my hand & pat me on the head for doing something right, I also had over 70 dives before I made the move to AOW so basically the course was just a formality & only did so to be able to dive to 100fsw with LDC. They do have the best boat in town. (when it is operational)
You think $250 is steep, wait until you go to Advanced Nitrox & Deco procedures. Which I have done & am putting my wife through now.
Not to mention Trimix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom