Icon HD Air integration availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jakobon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the Icon HD 6 months ago, and back then the air integrations was scheduled to be available by april. Others have bought it much earlier and have waited very patiently.
The Mares website currently post that; "Air integration upgrade will be available from autumn 2010."

After several delays I'm very unsure if this release date really holds or if it is pushed even further into the future ("Autumn" seems to be a very flexible deadline ...). Also Uwatec already made air integration for their own computers, so it seems very strange that it is taking so long to get it working for the Icon HD ?

When will the air integration for the Icon HD be available - for real ?

In general it would be nice to get more information from Mares in this and other matters - a bit more proactive and outspoken attitute with a more "in contact with the customers" approach, so to speak. I'm sure Mares have several people on their payroll with the sole purpose of ... communication. And here I mean the basic stuff - getting into a dialog with the customer - that would be a nice touch :)

Please note, that I do NOT refer to Zak here - he is really doing a fantastic job in this forum and I like Mares to get more like him !

Best regards,
Jakob

Just visited the Mares site and it now says "Air integration upgrade will be available from spring 2011."

I purchased the Icon HD in April and was originally told that it was air integrated when I ordered it. When it arrived the store told me that the air integration would be available any day. I'm very disappointed in how they are handling this. I like the computer, but would never have spent that much money on it if they had been upfront about the air integration.

yes please... I feel exactly the same about wavemaker. This is my first Mares product purchase and will probably be my last seeing as how this was handled.

If Mares on purpose keeps info that air integration would be available in autumn 2010 just to sale more units its false advertisement. I'm not sure but I think its illegal in the USA.Please let me know if I'm right or wrong.

Good luck proving that. Doesn't matter what they say. It's product development. as disappointed as we all are. there is nothing we can do except voice our opinions and wait.

Or, we can buy from a different manufacturer.

My wife and I are currently shopping for computers. I've been intrigued by the Mares Icon - and have even been lobbying the spouse explaining why we need to spend so much on a fancy computer when there are so many alternatives.

Seeing Mares' apparent difficulty in getting the air integration done - and mostly their lack of transparency about missing multiple promised dates - has caused me to start looking elsewhere and question whether I want to buy any of their products.

I certainly understand (and have first-hand experience with) the difficulty of predicting the details of product development, new technologies and the like. I also understand (and have first-hand experience with) how to communicate with customers about that. While I can't fault Mares for the former, I can certainly do so for the latter.

This does not win them any points. I'm more inclined now to look elsewhere.

Good luck to all.

and this is why i went with the nemo air.

He I'm new here and in my introduction post I stated that I'm a Mares fanatic, but on this I couldn't agree more on everyone stating that Mares has let down a lot of customers by postponing the release date time and time again. If you're looking into an air integrated divecomputer I would not advise you to go for the Icon HD. I hope they'll get it right this time. Next time they'll do better by postponing the release date of the entire product. The Icon HD shouldn't have launched in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom