If I do not know the intermediate pressure supplied by the 1-st stage, which 2-nd stage to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. It'll pay for itself in no time.
I agree with @tursiops ,,,,,,Just one missed boat dive cause it's freeflowing so bad and it's paid for.
I check mine every 3 months when I also charge my standby dive item batteries.

Oh yay more mystery branded Chinese life support equipment! Do you have a first stage set at 50psi? How's that breathe for ya?
I am a recreational diver, not a gearhead. Since we live in the world of disposable made-in-China junk anyway (I've already lost count of how many electric kettles I've thrown away cause they started leaking, or how many vacuum cleaners I've tossed because of the dead non-replaceable batteries), why not buy a $99 reg every 3 years instead of getting a super-duper Atomic or something for $1,200+ and service it every year?

Yes, I do know that regs are sort of more important than electric kettles, but I am taking chances daily anyway. At my age of 70 my chances to die in the next 5 years are 1 in 7, according to death probability calculator. So why bother?

I am a recreational diver, not a gearhead. Since we live in the world of disposable made-in-China junk anyway (I've already lost count of how many electric kettles I've thrown away cause they started leaking, or how many vacuum cleaners I've tossed because of the dead non-replaceable batteries), why not buy a $99 reg every 3 years instead of getting a super-duper Atomic or something for $1,200+ and service it every year?

Yes, I do know that regs are sort of more important than electric kettles, but I am taking chances daily anyway. At my age of 70 my chances to die in the next 5 years are 1 in 7, according to death probability calculator. So why bother?
If you're not worried about dying, why not buy a quality regulator so you can enjoy easy breathing and relaxing diving while you're still alive?

It's only money, and you can't take it with you.

i don't really want to try and talk you out of your silly attitude, but you should note that the calculator you quote is from the UK, is 15 years old, and does not take into account any lifestyle habits.

i don't really want to try and talk you out of your silly attitude, but you should note that the calculator you quote is from the UK, is 15 years old, and does not take into account any lifestyle habits.
Dunno about back then, but today life expectancy in GB is greater than in US. So 1 in 7 ma be an underestimation.

If you're not worried about dying, why not buy a quality regulator so you can enjoy easy breathing and relaxing diving while you're still alive?

It's only money, and you can't take it with you.
I can't take a reg with me too :) And I've never had any difficulties breathing in any regs I've owned or rented.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom