If I do not know the intermediate pressure supplied by the 1-st stage, which 2-nd stage to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine's digital, made from this and a couple of fittings I had lying around. Easy to see the IP setting into place on each purge...
I like the analog better for IP - there is something about seeing the needle swing back quickly and lock up that is satisfying. I’d also not buy anything on Ali Express…

Don’t cha know, those split fins will kill you.
I know. But I decided to get fins that would outlive me.
Just so you know, I drive two older Toyotas both bought new in 2002. The Tacoma pickup has 309K, and the other one is a hand me down from my wife; A 2002 4Runner with only 133K on it and there is no way I will sell it, don’t even ask. A Rolex is probably worth more than both vehicles put together, but I can’t drive the Rolex to the dive site with all my gear.. I write with pens that I get free from just about every sales counter I go to and the bank deposit kiosk.
The oldest reg I have is at least 53 years old and the last new reg I bought was a scubapro MK2 in 2001. All of my regs are mostly from the 80’s and 90’s. I also do all my own service work.
I do have an under $12 IP gauge I put together from parts at Harbor Freight and I plug it into my LP hose about every 3rd or 4th time I hook up a reg just to see. It takes about 15 seconds out of my day, which is about the same amount of time it takes to glance at the tires on my car to check wear.
You can’t out cheap me, I’m the cheapest cheap skate on the planet.
Almost anything will work, if you know how to make it work. I've been putting crap together to dive with for decades, if it doesn't work right along the way, make sure you know how to self rescue. Hookah rigs I've dealt with use unbalanced seconds, and the IP was in the range of most firsts, but I haven't dealt with the new Chinese crap. The lower IP would restrict the depth it operates at.
XS Scuba is not that bad. My wife still dives with the original XS Scuba 1st stage and she also has their original octopus from 2007. Last week in Florida, her 2nd stage started free-flowing, so she used this octopus instead. I dive with their Inspire 1st stage I got in 2017 and it works fine. As for the cars, our sons trashed our 90's cars but our 2005 Impreza is still running, though the headlight covers darkened so much there is not much light getting out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom