If I do not know the intermediate pressure supplied by the 1-st stage, which 2-nd stage to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the fact that an aging gentleman not wanting to be bothered to own yet another tool can stir such debate and discussion. All of this over a $20 gauge and $99 Chicom regulator.

This amuses me to no end, as most of my friends that dive and are in this age group learned to do so without a BCD or octo, without formal training, without an SPG, and without a buddy or adult supervision.

The times sure have changed.

I love the fact that an aging gentleman not wanting to be bothered to own yet another tool can stir such debate and discussion. All of this over a $20 gauge and $99 Chicom regulator.

This amuses me to no end, as most of my friends that dive and are in this age group learned to do so without a BCD or octo, without formal training, without an SPG, and without a buddy or adult supervision.

The times sure have changed.

XS Scuba is not that bad. My wife still dives with the original XS Scuba 1st stage and she also has their original octopus from 2007.

I believe I have a reg newer than that, but not by much. It's not when it was made, but whether it works as intended.

So, you know me so well, but I have never met you.

As for the cars, our sons trashed our 90's cars but our 2005 Impreza is still running, though the headlight covers darkened so much there is not much light getting out.
Get this restorer kit from Griot’s Garage - cheap and super easy to use.

https://www.autozone.com/wash-clean...OJT-8CxkohfSZJNeYYRoCUyAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I did the headlights on my daughter’s 2009 Honda CRV and they are good as new! It makes a HUGE difference in headlight output!!!

Old, oxidized headlights are a real safety hazard - cops should ticket folks with severe oxidation as their headlights are useless! But these kits are super easy and provide great results.

You don't need a tank to need or use an IP gauge.
So... how would you propose he uses an IP gauge at home? What would he connect his regulator to in order to pressurize it if he doesn't have a filled scuba tank? I have a few tanks (AL80, AL30 and a little 6 cu ft) that I use to test gear and soak and purge my Atomic regs after trips. I'll never dive with any of these, but they are very useful to have for these purposes...

Reactions: Dan
So... how would you propose he uses an IP gauge at home? What would he connect his regulator to in order to pressurize it if he doesn't have a filled scuba tank? I have a few tanks (AL80, AL30 and a little 6 cu ft) that I use to test gear and soak and purge my Atomic regs after trips. I'll never dive with any of these, but they are very useful to have for these purposes...
He doesn't have to use it at home.

He doesn't have to use it at home.
He was responding to a post about having one at home…

Also, a HUGE benefit to having an IP gauge is the ability to check your regs proactively (while not diving) so as to have time to get your regs fixed if you see an issue. Not having a way to actually use your IP gauge while not diving sort of defeats the main benefit of having one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom