If I DON'T want back inflate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seaquest

The thread originator has asked for opinions on a specific style of BC. Other questions & answers have been split off into their own respective threads.

Thanks for keeping this one on topic.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion, already in progress.

I used Cressi's S111 before I decided to switch to you-know-what ( I'm actually still in progress of switching)

The jacket has a ton of lift ( 21kg, approx 46lbs) and the bladder is actually separated from the structure of the jacket. That means, that you're not tieing the bladder around your stomach but rather the jacket, which contains the bladder.

It has more than enough steel D-rings, big pockets, ditchable weights (just make sure you're strong enough to remove the weight-pockets, the velcro ist pretty strong) and trim weight pockets. Additionally it's built like a tank, not one of those flimsy little thingies.

The reason I switched (or am trying to) is that the sheer size of the S111 has its drawbacks. Drag is certainly a factor. And I never had the feeling that it was as stable as it could be, it had a tendency to wiggle. (anybody say bp and harness?)

Apparently Cressi has come out with a newer version, the S111R, but I have never used one of those.

Hope this helps and that I didn't digress too much :wink:

Thanks for all of the input!

I'm off to discuss it with my LDS sometime this week (to see if we can get some pool time)

I DO like the concept of the Aeris XT, kind of the best of both worlds, so to speak.

My current thought's have been checking out the Zeagle Escape, but wanted to see what some jacket options were.

Let's all go diving sometime! I'll bring the beers for afterwards!!

I have a Sea Quest Pro Unlimited & I love it. It has ample lift, an udjustable waistband, & Lumbar Support. Large pockets that I keep my backup lite in. It has plenty of adjustability. I guess SQ came out with a new BC called the PRO XLT, which has even more lift, adjustable waistband, the left hand pocket can be expanded out. It's supposed to be bettween the Pro Unlimited & Pro QD. Also w/ both of these BCD you can use doubles, I've never done it but according to the manual it can be done.

If this helps my father, uncle, & I have the Pro Unlimited. My other Uncle has the Pro QD, & my dive buddies use the Pro QD.

P.S. Oceanic has come out w/ a new BCD that is a back inflate, but has a 15 lbs. bladder on the front, to help you @ the surface.

I use a SeaQuest Pro QD+. A bit bulky but definitely a good piece. But I am not planning to use it as much since I have just adopted my BP+Wing setup and have to say I enjoy it alot.

Buoyant1:
Thanks for all of the input!

I'm off to discuss it with my LDS sometime this week (to see if we can get some pool time)

I DO like the concept of the Aeris XT, kind of the best of both worlds, so to speak.

I've used an Aeris for about 4 years now. I really like the hybrid design. My only beef was that the pockets weren't big enough (at least on my version; they may have changed since then).

I have heard good things about the SP Classic, i dont dive jackets anymore so not much help really. Seems like the Pro QD and the like are getting fairly high marks from the above accounts - if i am ever forced to buy a jacket i might look into either of these two.

Back
Top Bottom