If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I should die while diving, please have a SCUBA party and take my ashes with you. I have actually already arranged for my little cousin to take me diving to a different destination each year...whether my death is SCUBA related or not.

UP well done for listing this, I already have a similar list attached to my WILL, as many have added, I already had a complete get out clause for my buddy and emphasized the error will probably be mine. The only thing I might add is the comment about leaving me down there for the crabs as I have enjoyed them so often!!!

My list followed the death of my uncle many years ago in a dive accident and the way his buddy was treated by the piloce in Canada!!!

That was one of the most beautiful, most meaningful speaches I have ever heard! With your permission I would like to print it out as a reminder of what I want my family and friends to remember if the worst is to come while I'm diving.

As a track day junkie (motorcycles) and a new scuba diving addict, I thank you for posting this (I realize it was a long time ago that it was posted, and that UP is not as active on here anymore....but I'm still sending out my thanks). I plan to print this out, make a few amends and additions here and there, and use this in the case that I die doing what I love....I've already sent a copy to my husband as he feels the same way. So thanks! Even though death is not something we necessarily want to think about, it is something we should be prepared for.

JB and I were riding through traffic (I don't like it) in LA, and I asked him "You remember I am not into life support, right?" and he said, yea, but would you please tell somebody else too?

lol, anyway, it was funny at the time. He knows I am a plug puller, but he does not want to be the only one voting.

So, I periodically have to say: If there is a big doubt, please dc my ventilator, it is okay. I can't wait to see the other side.

If I die while diving, its because I die of natural cause. Plain and simple! But otherwise, no, I don't wanna die, so much stuff I have to do before I go to heaven.

This is awesome stuff, thanks UP!

WOW
Thanks Uncle Pug
I'm not a diver, but those I love the most are, my son and husband.

Back
Top Bottom