If I should die while diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the read. This reflects my feelings as well. Additionally as Jimmy Buffet put it in a song "I'd rather die while I'm livin than live while I'm dead".

Hi! since scuba was invented we offer our selfs to the water..we dont know what happen down there only God.As we know, all manufacturers of the gear work hard to able to give us a security of safety during the dive..Every one of us have a time limit in this world..Its a matter of time..Like scuba diving,its a matter of time..We dont know when is our Departure time to meet the creator.
one good thing to do before you dive,tell your love ones that they should not sue the dive operators because you choose to be there in the water.second, make sure you know your physical limitation and training..I wish you dont up set what i written here.

Thanks,
Sea rider

Additionally as Jimmy Buffet put it in a song "I'd rather die while I'm livin than live while I'm dead".
I lost two friends this week. One a lovely younger lady who had a seizure at 40 ft while in the Caymans, another a lifelong younger friend driving on a country road failing to yield at an intersection as another lifelong younger friend headed east - he's kinda ok. Feeling kinda melancholy at best, but at least the two we lost didn't die of boredom in an old folks home - and I hope I don't.

Last edited:
I lost two friends this week. One a lovely younger lady who had a seizure at 40 ft while in the Caymans, another a lifelong younger friend driving on a country road failing to yield at an intersection as another lifelong younger friend headed east - he's kinda ok. Feeling kinda melancholy at best, but at least the two we lost didn't die of boredom in an old folks home - and I hope I don't.
Don, thanks.
The beautiful young lady, Michelle, was uplifting, healthy (a R.N.), and vivacious..
I can't imagine the cause of her seizure at 40 ft excepting maybe a health issue,
bad tank gas, or panic? I'm truely chagrinned that such a lively force was so vulnerable.

to the OP and all who agree Ditto

I've mentioned this to my daughter before, but she'll forget. I finally got around to sending her this today, with copies to a couple of trusted friends....
I am amending this a bit with my daughter and dive buddy...
If my body and equipment are found without endangering others, I want the tank gas and my body checked for carbon monoxide and other possible tank gas problems - and if any are found, the responsible parties prosecuted to the full extent possible. Don't spend any money on this but maybe ask the good divers at Scubaboard to help with emails along those lines;

Otherwise, be happy that I went living life fully rather than hiding from it.​
thank you

I'm visiting this thread because of a very recent loss of a great friend and most regular dive bud. I wanted to thank all respondants as every position is certainly defensible from an individual perspective. I was able to find some solice in the passion by which each individual expressed their position. Although i try to avoid statements that can be inflamitory, I would only request when the discussions get heated when two vaying points of view collide that blame, incompetance or other negitives be done in a way thats not offensive to the family and friends that have lost a loved one.
I especially thank Pug as a version of your original plan has now been given to my girlfriend and regular Dive Buds. Again thanks to all for this opportunity for reflextion at a not so great time.

DIVE SAFE?DIVE OFTEN

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom