If they only made it. I would buy it....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about an audible alarm on your computer that lets you know that your pee valve hose has become disconnected?

:rofl3: LMAO

How about a wireless transmitters to tell you what the air is on all your students.
How about blue tooth down load for your camera and housing so you don't have to open your housing on the boat.
How about a wireless transmitter on your camera housing that gives you depth and air pressure.
How about a inexpensive Powerfull DPV with long battery life.
I like the underwater GPS. I have been contemplating taking a GPS in a pelican box, and tieing it to a spool then sink the time between the GPS, Dive Computer, and my dive camera to map new dive sites.

I wish Salvo made little jump/gap/safety reels, ya know something in between their 100ft finger spools and the 400ft primary but with the same quality and design as the 400' primary.

..snip..
I like the underwater GPS. I have been contemplating taking a GPS in a pelican box, and tieing it to a spool then sink the time between the GPS, Dive Computer, and my dive camera to map new dive sites.

I've done this with my Blackberry. There is a beautiful, simple program for Blackberries called BBTracker that logs the GPS chip output every 5 seconds and stores it into file.
One of the program utilities exports the raw file into a KML file for import into Google Earth.

My Blackberry fits exactly into one of those small waterproof document/key carriers with a snap fastener and floats nicely at the surface. I just wouldn't do it with any intense boat traffic around but if you do hear a boat it's no problem to pull the line and the plastic box down until it passes.

As far as toys go I'd like to see a wrist or goodman mounted metal detector no bigger than a hockey puck that could pick up a small metal object at 2 metres. And for around $250.

R..

HP DOT tanks the same size as the LP45 tanks. (5.5" diameter)

An affordable wireless tank pressure gauge. (without a decomp computer)

Reactions: Jax
I was thinking the other night that there has to be items that divers would want that aren't made yet. So here we go. Could be large or small. As long as it improves the quality of our experience getting to the site. Setting up our equipment and of course the dive itself.

A bright safety strobe that runs a long time, doesn't flood and has reliable electronics.

An EPIRB good for 300' that's slightly positively buoyant, fits in a normal pocket and sells for less than $600.

Dry-gloves that never flood.

A warm hood that doesn't compress and lose warmth at depth.

Terry

:rofl3: Shark Repelant... Bat Man

Man portable side looking radar, metal dector, depth gage, camera, fish finder combined with gps features to map wrecks and artifacts for archilogical digs that is good to 200'.

Pet dolphin to drag me and my equipment around. I'll even name him flipper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom