ignorance almost killed me yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Snuggle,
I just read your rather expansive thread and have a few comments. I am a physican and a diver, and I treat people with diabetes from time to time in my practice. Your diabetes may have contributed to your blacking out because of the damage that this disease does to the microvascular network in your brain, kidneys and heart. A tight neck seal might make you black out before some of the other people in this forum. That you had this accident is unfortunate, but what are you going to do with what you have learned?
I think it is reasonable to continue to dive, but I would realise that you can't do everything that other divers do around you. I would have my buddy double check everything before I go in, and take short easy dives until I was confident that the problem would never happen again.
It is also reasonable, in light of your other obligations (children) not to dive.

The above is not medical advice or practice. I have not seen this patient and I am only giving a opinion on the limited information that is presented on Scubaboard.
Now back to lurking...:)

Back
Top Bottom