ignorance almost killed me yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are recovering. I wish you the best.

Chad

snuggle,

I'm glad your ok. Were you injured? I hope not.

im ok mike abit bruised but il be fine..nothing afew days rest wont cure..

First off, I’m glad that you are doing well. I agree with others that your willingness to share your experience is helpful to others. However, in order to be helpful we need to be honest about it. Based on your story and reluctance to indicate where your buddy was, it looks to me as if you were diving without a buddy. If so, even at the risk of appearing to be a heartless basted, I feel compelled to point out that stupidity rather than ignorance almost killed you.

Ignorance is the result of lack of knowledge or intelligence. Assuming you are OW certified you have the knowledge to know you should dive with a buddy. Stupidity is acting in an unintelligent or careless manner, which diving without a buddy most certainly is, at least in MHO. You won’t have to look far to find post about experience divers that got into trouble without a buddy and didn’t live to tell what happen.

I wish you a full recovery and a long life full of safe dives.

Mike

MikeS once bubbled...
a heartless basted
You are most certainly a heartless basted... whatever that is. :D

But I too am trying to figure out what the ignorance part of the story was.

Perhaps it was ignorance of a medical condition.... or ignorance of how much extra weight isn't required in fresh water as opposed to salt...

Or something else Snuggle hasn't revealed yet.

I think we are waiting for the rest of the story.

But while we wait (in ignorance of TROTS)... I too want to express my thankfulness that you are OK Snuggle. Glad this wasn't your *Last Dive*.

BTW.... did they also cut your new dry suit off !?!

i thought that it was obvious to you that i was diving alone..and you dont have to point out stupidity..its already been aknowleged by me personaly to myself..i knew that i would probabbly get slammed by someone and thats ok..it was to be expected..i am not one to lie about anything and when i do something wrong i take resposibility for what i do..this was my error and no one elses..i have always sensed a familly presence here and i was not afraid to post what happened to me yesterday because i know that there are divers here who do understand and although i was in the wrong they support me anyways..we all learn from mistakes and i thank god that i am still here to learn from that mistake..safe diving everyone...and to those who have shown support i thank you.

sorry...if my inital post came off like a slam, it wasn't intended that way. I am glad to see you are O.K...and I hope you learned from it , as well as others can learn from your experience here on the board....thanks for posting and sharing,...is there more to this story you don't know about yet?

..in summary, we can just chalk it up to solo diving.

O-ring once bubbled...

I'm not so sure. We don't know what happened. A buddy may very well have helped ensure a good out come but may not have avoided the original problem.

O-ring once bubbled...
There is more to the story... the reason for the event is yet to be disclosed.

Taken at face value, so far the story only demonstrates that you don't need a buddy to survive... a nearby fisherman will suffice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom