Ignore/Invisible Option

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fundimentals of religion have always been commonly accepted. Most argue on fine points. The most violent of all discussions involve the issue of my beliefs can not exist at the same time yours exist.
It often resembles the discussions between the DIR and NON DIR communities of the past. To many ,,,that also is discussion on fine points, though one side calles it main points.

I have always found the efforts spent to force ones self on others is interesting. For example displays in public parks. One comes to mind. If you show a christmas sceen then you have to provide for a non religous display. The park gives teh non religous their area for their display of nothing. When realized that no one sees their nothing display, the next step was to remove the something displays so they would not outshadow the displays of nothing (GRASS TREES). These are the things that I refer to when i say that ones existance can not be without the stopping of the anothers. It makes the most humourous logic delima. My belief is that horse and buggy is the best transportation, you believe that cars are. I cry discrimination and want equality because cars have taken over the horse and buggy modes of transportation in parks. I am given buggy paths to commute as a gensture of equality by the park board. I now have my roads, I got my way. BUT EVERYONE IS STILL USING CARS. There for I will get 6 other buggy drivers to demand all park area automobile surfaces be designated for buggy use only so i can get EQUALITY. To some equality is achieved when the only transportation available is by buggy. When you cant win over the hearts of man you legislate against them under one premis to achieve another. Seldom is it the case that surface issues , of any cultural difference , are the thing people oppose. Its the processses used to force one group to be unhappy for the happiness of another group IN THE NAME OF EQUALITY. My wife put it well when she used the phrase. Rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. Peronally I agree with post 61 by hroark2112. I can say I am happy you are comfortable with your beliefs and am willing to leave you to yours. Others CAN NOT BE SATISFIED THAT OTHERS ARE ALLOWED TO BE HAPPY IN THEIRS and must deny others their exercise of beliefs for their own belief survival. Once again The problem is not the belief its the behavior the belief drives,, that people oppose.

there is a difference between your space and the "open" space. You get to control your space, not the other one. I firmly believe that people who travel trough life with blinders on know nothing about the trip. If there is something you see in the open space that you don't like, just stop looking. There is no justification for censorship. Most of us in these here United States take Constitutional directives which guarantee freedoms for thought, speech and actions very seriously. Only the liberal left feel they have to control the open space to avoid offending sensibilities and it is a constant battle to keep them minimized.

This is so simple and evident, its truly sad that it has to even be explained.

Thank you OkByMe :cheers:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This is turning into a discussion that is best taken to the Pub. If you want to continue to discuss comparative religion or whether it is the liberal left or the conservative right that wants to require everyone to coform to their viewpoints, please join the pub and start a thread there.

This was intended to be a mod post, but for some reason the tablet I am using won't let me put a / symbol after the [ symbol. If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is turning into a discussion that is best taken to the Pub. If you want to continue to discuss comparative religion or whether it is the liberal left or the conservative right that wants to require everyone to coform to their viewpoints, please join the pub and start a thread there.

This was intended to be a mod post, but for some reason the tablet I am using won't let me put a / symbol after the [ symbol. If anyone can tell me why, I would appreciate it.
That primarily depends on what kind of tablet you're using.

I agree with you. Perhaps since this started as a "technical " related question and that support question has been answered, this thread should be closed for the purpose of keeping a seperation between philosophical and technical responces.

Have you asked your home town to require all churches be segregated to a specific part of town?

i mean...they do it with industrial and commercial buildings...why not a religious section of town? How do you bear to drive to work knowing you're driving past a building with bibles in it?

maybe i should, after all others have been accommodate because they don't celebrate xmass so we can't say happy xmass anymore but rather happy holidays, and the traditional xmass tree removal from the center square...all just because some religions are offended by it

now that I know what this thread is about I will no longer open it or read the posts.

see how easy it is .

now that I know what this thread is about I will no longer open it or read the posts.

see how easy it is .

in order to know what is about you had to read it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom