Ignore Member

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope.....I can tolerate "starts with ne and ends with as" so that has got to tell you how big an idiot I believe this other person to be.

LOL...now that is funny.

I figured you would appreciate that Jeff. Everybody should say at least one smart thing oOR one funny thing in their life. My job here is done :D.

I agree with mike.
heh... at least you don't have me on ignore! :rofl3:

Listen up mods!!! people should be notified when they are ignored. Maybe they just don'r realize they're idiots.

maybe not a notification, but a link in your User CP that you could click on to see. Like the link that shows your ignored threads, etc.

If you are on someones ignore list is it just that thread or all posts?

As Jeff said, just posts, not the thread. But you can ignore an entire thread or an entire forum. (I find that to be a usefull feature).

Not only are their posts ignored... PMs, too. :wink: (Or so said El Orans when I asked him about it.)

I'm told you can't ignore a moderator's posts or PM's. (though I've not tried before)

Raise your hand if the individual starts with ne and ends with as.

that's funny.... that would be a good guess also! :rofl3:

Let's just say the board is now a better place for me. And note that I did not say I agree with "starts with ne and ends with as", just that I can tolerate him. His posts I can find either a glimmer of intelligence or a lot of humour (or somewhere in between. I will likely never add another to my ignore list because as I said to Rachel, I do believe that even though we (myself and another poster) may not agree with each other, benefit comes from the interaction. This is the case with all but this one IMO.

Listen up mods!!! people should be notified when they are ignored. Maybe they just don'r realize they're idiots.

I disagree. Ignored is ignored. I don't need their friends sending me notes to ask why "I don't like so and so." It's junior high tomfoolery and if I wanted to explain to that person I would, but I don't, so I click the ignore, sigh happily, and go on with my life.

R

some people, although clear idoits are just too much entertainment to add to your ignore list. Why ignore them when you can watch them self-destruct on their own...

Ignore question: When you have someone on ignore and someone else replies to them and "quotes" them, does it block their quote or show up then? just curious....

You still see their post when it is quoted.

And I agree with Rachel....ignored is ignored. I made the conscious decision to ignore them and like it that way. I do not care who ignores me. Life is grand just the way it is. But you mike are also right that some people are just too funny to ignore.

I'm told you can't ignore a moderator's posts or PM's. (though I've not tried before)
That may be true but you can ignore a forum leader.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom