I'm Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations!!! Welcome to a wonderful and relaxing sport that will introduce you to sites and creatures that most people never get to see and some of the best people you'll ever meet.

FLArmyBrat:
Welcome to your new addiction!!! Have fun, be safe and STAY WET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:froggy:

Hey Laurel, where have you been? Haven't spoken to you and Dana for a while....coming down to my neck of the woods anytime soon? I know, whenever these winds die down :15a:

Anyway, nice to hear from you!!!

Congrats Dragracer!!! You have just received your certification to continue learning. Enjoy your OW and don't let it end there....dive often and,

Semper Safe,

Rick

Dragracer:
Today, I finished my requirements to become a PADI Certified Open Water Diver! I've always wanted to try diving, and mother nature stopped me from trying it while on vacation in Hawaii last year.
I was turned onto Scuba West in Hudson FL. by some friends, and I think they are an excellent training facality. My first time in the pool with all the equipment on was a nerve shattering experience. 2 breaths, and I came out of the water! I couldn't breathe. Tried it 2 more times, then I got out of the pool, changed into my street clothes, and started to leave with no intention of returning. Luckily for me, Charlene Taylor, wife of my Instructor talked me into returning the following Sunday for a one on one session. She calmed me down, and had me swimming around the pool underwater in a very short time.
Our first open water dive was in the Hudson Grotto. There are some reviews here about the Grotto, and they are correct! It was like diving in a pool of tea. Viz was 4-6 feet. I don't think it was a good choice for the first open water dive. Our remaining 3 dives were at Weeki Wachie, and they were great! 100+ viz, and mermaids! We had a great time there.
Now, I need to find a diving buddy, and do some diving in the Gulf!

I know how you feel! It is a great feeling to pass the open water dives. Best of luck and happy diving! :scubadive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom