I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter has Sandy aka Jupitermermaid and Rob aka Jupiter31, I've met both and boring is not an adjective I'd very use to describe either of them. :D

Actually Rob lives in Miami, score another one for Broward and Dade counties.

(FYI, he owns a boat called a JUPITER31, hence the user name.)

I personally have lived in: Fort Laud, Hollywood, Orlando, Kissimmee, St Cloud, Fort Pierce, and Port St Lucie. --- Hands down Fort Lauderdale is the place to be. ---

Debbie is right about Dania right exactly between Hollywood and FTL...

Wow... and I have to learn this through a public forum? Congrats on your decision, Sam. Much more likely that I'll visit Florida than NYC since Mom lives there. I've been to NYC about 15 times in my life and never spent a night.

Wow... and I have to learn this through a public forum? Congrats on your decision, Sam. Much more likely that I'll visit Florida than NYC since Mom lives there. I've been to NYC about 15 times in my life and never spent a night.

Cause ya didn't visit me....:wink:

Hi, Dr Bill, yes, Florida wins out over California because of cave country. Although you, Marian, Dave, Brain, Elena, DB and Kimber put up a valid fight to win me over during my visit last month, in the end the caves have my heart. :)

Hold on, don't get TOO excited about the lobster.. They are only tails. (can't compare to what's up north) But fort lauderdale is still my choice. Haha and having New Yorkers around is not a bad thing!! It keeps me from getting homesick! (Especially with the Marlins/Yankees series that just ended)

Yes, their lobster is not as sweet or tasty as their northern counterpart but I will overlook that in order to be near the variety of diving Florida offers, reef, wreck and caves!!

Disclaimer about this thread.

I'm not on the payroll of the Florida Chamber of Commerce or the Florida Tourism Board, nor have not been paid to praise Florida over any other state of the union.

I'm just a gal who loves to dive as much as possible and am putting into motion the actions to make it happen. Keep the pros and cons coming from your own personal experience as current residents because it is helping me decide.

Btw, big old house warming party when I eventually move down and y'all are invited. :D

FLL 2 exits to fill express which banks 32%, 36%, 40% and has 50% 80% and a couple of flavors of trimix on tap:D

April 2009, I moved to Tampa after living and diving in California for 20+ years. Since my arrival, I have dove Vortex, Blue Grotto, Devil's Den springs and the Gulf. The springs and the gulf are nice dives. California kicks diving up a knotch as it has; cold water, surge, big waves, current, lots of kelp, and sharks on occasion.

By far, east and west coast dive locations require further education, fitness and awareness for the divers safety.

A dive is a dive as long as it's with friends. Record those moments, take pics or video.

Ron

I came, I saw and will continue to dive it

Great post :thumb:

Both locations offer the best in diving... I guess it's just whether you would rather be cold all the time or on occasion.

anywhere is good and has a good variety of feels for the area, i live in loxahatchee which is 20-30 mins to west palm and i have 1.25 acres of property so plenty of room to keep a boat or 6 nice size house and kinda cheep like 110k up now only thing bad is doing yardwork and having chickens wake me up at 630am. any of the major areas have a good variety of things to do and a decent supply of dive shops west palm area is more driving (palm beach, wpb, palm beach gardens and jupiter) where miami and ftlauderdale is a little less at times but all 3 have decent living in city and decent living choices in suburbs for getting decent size yards in about a 30 min drive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom