I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]

You also have a bankrupt state and extremely high taxes. Oh ya.... our water is warm most of the year. From what I hear the water in Cali is too damn cold. Disneyland isn't ***** compared to Disney World, Sea World, Adventure Island, and Busch Gardens. Go sell your crazy some place else, we're all filled up here.

<snicker> And Ken you forgot Islands of Adventure as well - I love that place!

Sam I'd go south, round about where Debby is, as long as you can find the work you do. It is a bit more expensive but quality of life is where it's at.:thumbs-up Besides what Chip said, you already have a lot of friends there. Loads visit CaveCountry often, you can always go for a long weekend. :)

Hi, i just joined today. I happen to have homes in central florida and south florida. I fly back and forth each week. I have dived at ginny and the southeast coast and keys. Cave diving is challenging but not much to look at. Central florida is laid back. South florida has a lot more going on. I like both worlds. But for serious divers, south florida is it. You have reefs close by, plus the keys and bahamas/caribbean. It's cheaper to visit ginny, you can camp out, vs. Hotels in south florida. Good luck

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
It's called "joking with friends" ,calm down Francis.

Leave me alone Mary. What do you know? You like Hockey. Its just one step above ice skating.:rofl3:
I'm just kidding. I am actually a fan of Hockey myself.

Krista is right, move where you can work.

BUT...I moved here when I was unemployed and had nothing to lose. I found a new profession so that I could stay.

Oh, I forgot to say that Key Largo and Naples and Jupiter are all 80-90 minutes from Dania Beach...pretty kewl huh?

Sam,

No farther north than Orlando, you can be on either coast in a bout 2 hrs and such. Oceanus is in the Orlando area and he was telling me the advantages of living there. I'm in Jax and even told the wife when we can, we are moving further south.

check out venice or sarasota, both in sarasota county... in my opinion the best beaches in the state also alot goes on in sarasota. venice is a nice smaller town with alot of divers, you can find megalodon teeth (the big ones) right off the beach. Not to mention it is located halfway between key largo and the caves of n. florida. I love it!

Orlando. Are you guys kidding me? If I wanted bumper to bumper traffic and tens of thousands of fast food resturants and t-shirts shops maybe...otherwise put me on the coast.:)

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
No such thing in Florida, maybe a crawl space, when you dig hit groundwater at 6 ft.

It's FL, just hang a hammock in the yard and call that the guest cottage.

[GOOGLE][/GOOGLE]
Orlando. Are you guys kidding me? If I wanted bumper to bumper traffic and tens of thousands of fast food resturants and t-shirts shops maybe...otherwise put me on the coast.:)

You have a valid point there. Somepeople like the tourist crap though.

Sam, take me with you ...
I've met some cool folks here in SoCal, but cold water and earthquakes..Yikes :shakehead:.

I am homesick for FL turf & FL friends, having grown up in Jacksonville. I loved living in KL. (I'm a :dork2: wondering why I left KL). Life is cheaper and slower paced up in No FL cave country, but you can't beat the So FL coast. At least with hurricanes you have a 3 day warning from the Weather Channel, not so with earthquakes.

XOXO,
Sam's future roommate :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom