I'm Moving to Florida!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fort Lauderdale 100%. You'll also realize that tons of people from NYC have or are doing the exact same thing you are. Housing market is in your favor and Fort Lauderdale is a great place to buy! Not as busy as NYC but you'll definitely love it.

Yeah, damn New Yorkers.:D:duck:

I believe I'll get more visits from friends and family if I move to FLL/Jupiter as opposed to cave country.

None of family members dive so there would be zero interest from them to visit cave country...hmmm that could actually bump cave country up the list....:rofl3::rofl3:

Yeah, damn New Yorkers.:D:duck:

HEY! what are you calling me???

Good paying jobs is key, but that doesn't make a place boring. haha

I guess I'd rather drive an hour and a half a few times a year for a concert/etc then deal with the congestion daily. Of course personally I think rural isn't bad either. On a side note there are plenty of concerts at the Cruzan ampitheater, cultural events at the Kravis, and festivals all over the county to keep me happy.

That being said I would encourage Sam to look all over FL for the areas that suit her the best. FLL is definately a lot closer to a larger number of dive ops than here, that is for sure (unless you live in a western suburb, then you have to deal with the endless stoplights!) Just like anywhere with a significant population, considering how much time you can stand spending in your vehicle on a daily basis is a hugely important consideration when determining where to live.

Hopefully a Floridian soon.:wink:

:rofl3: Damn, not only are you a good bartender but a damn good politician...or is that a parts salesman. :shocked2:

There you go John, it's all about choices. I drive 10 minutes to work and 3 minutes to the beach. I never lived in a city before moving to Fort Lauderdale but I do so love it. There is SO MUCH to do here within ten minutes of home.

Yeah, but how many Burt Reynolds museums does FLL have?

Jupiter 1
FLL 0

Jupiter wins. Besides that, way more pelagics in Jupiter. I love me some sharks. Better chance at catching lobster too!

FLL you got the beaches, the bars (if that's your thing), malls and lots of them, Imax, Broward Center for the Performing arts (so you can be all cultural and stuff), and at least a dozen different boat ops to choose from, then a short hop and you can be in Boyton, Jupiter or the Keys, couple of hours and you are at the caves or Dizzyworld.

Not to mention all the rockin' SB buds you would have for neighbors:D

FLL you got the beaches, the bars (if that's your thing), malls and lots of them, Imax, Broward Center for the Performing arts (so you can be all cultural and stuff), and at least a dozen different boat ops to choose from, then a short hop and you can be in Boyton, Jupiter or the Keys, couple of hours and you are at the caves or Dizzyworld.

Not to mention all the rockin' SB buds you would have for neighbors:D

Ding, ding ,ding ,ding, ding....we have a winner!!!! FLL it is!!!!:thumbs-up

Yeah, but how many Burt Reynolds museums does FLL have?

Jupiter 1
FLL 0

Jupiter wins. Besides that, way more pelagics in Jupiter. I love me some sharks. Better chance at catching lobster too!

Burt Reynolds is def not a selling point for me but lobsters??? :D I love lobsters!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom