I'm ready to go retro, double hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey guys,

I just scored a royal on ebay. I am so stoked!!! I can't wait!

Old school rules,
TG

I am excited for you, pictures of the new arrival are required.

N

hey guys,

I just scored a royal on ebay. I am so stoked!!! I can't wait!

Old school rules,
TG

Congrats, I see the one you got and it is really nice. :D Looks like recent hoses on it.

Here are the double hose regulators I was diving last weekend in Lake George, NY.

Just like Sex, once you start, you just don't want to stop.

Pete

Regscopy.jpg

Gilldiver,

Those are beauties. I really like that Voit 50 Fathom with the gray hoses.

Gilldiver,

Those are beauties. I really like that Voit 50 Fathom with the gray hoses.

The Voit was a project reg that I did to see just how far I could go. The reg was made from parts collected over about 2 years and the hoses and mouth piece are from Bryan at VDH. It has also bee fully re-chromed.

The Regs from Left to right are:

DW Mistral
Voit Polaris 50
DA Aquamaster with Pheniox Nozzle conversion (that is why you see the SPG and inflator hose)
DA Aquamaster with original hoses

Pete

I found a PRAM,

It arived on Friday and I had it in the water on Saturday. What a great piece of equipment! Very easy to use, clearing is no problem, breaths great and sounds very cool underwater. That was my first double hose dive and i'm totaly stooked! I think I'm going to be hooked but there are worse things to addicted too. Cant hardly wate for my next DH dive. I beleave that I am first guy to dive double hose in Lake Tahoe in a long time, long over due.

I just want to thank everyone who contributed to this thred, I learned a great deal from you guys and I will pass it on to those who are worthy.

Everytime someone noticed the PRAM they did a double take and had lots of questions, some of the older guys where quite taken with it. Man, is this going to fun!

Thanks again guys, mayby we do a dive sometime.

TG

I do love the "what kind of rebreather is that" questions I often get when diving the doublehoses. Now you need some cool yellow or green hoses for it. :)

TahoeGuy,

Congrats on your first double hose dive. What I noticed most was when I tried to go back to a single hose regulator. That was when I really noticed the bubbles back in my face.

I have YET to dive Tahoe, but hope to someday soon. I'm afraid one of my buddies has you beat diving it with a double hose reg.

Vintage Scuba Supply Community Forum - Andrew did it !!!!!!

If you ever get this way in the fall, you should try diving with the salmon in the Feather River. This year, though, is terrible. Hopefully the salmon will recover soon from whatever is causing the huge decline.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom