In memorium: Rob Davie, aka BigJetDriver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never met Rob, but he worked for the same company I do (Continental Airlines) He worked out of the Houston, TX. hub. I do computer work for them out of Tampa Fl. Very sad news.

he made the funniest post once when I was asking about the baggage department.....anybody that remembers his comment about my dog "fluffy will not turn into a pupcicle". he was explaining the pressurization, temperature conditions of the jet. He had a private political side that I appreciated.

I've also not had the pleasure to meet Rob, but he sounds like a wonderful person and a class act all the way around.

My condolences to his family & friends...

I only had one occasion to interact with BigJetDriver, but from that single occasion I must say that I got the impression that he was a very fair & equitable man.

The SB family was considerably enriched by his presence, and is lessened by his absence.

Hopefully the respect and admiration that many of us held for him is some small measure of comfort to his family and friends. May your grief eventually be softened with fond memories.

I am deeply shocked. I knew Rob for years and did many dives with him. He wrote to me the day he left for the Red Sea saying he was intending coming back down here to Belize shortly after he got back. Not only was he the really nice and totally competent guy that everyone here has said, but he was deeply honest and honorable, and a very loyal friend. I can't take this in.

I have never met Rob, but have often seen his posts here on the forums. It is always quite sad to hear of someone's passing, but it is even harder when it is a member of our own community.

We wish his family strength, comfort, and peace as they mourn his passing and hope that they can take something from all of us. As can be seen in all of these posts... he certainly gave a little bit to all of us.

RIP

Part of Rob's post on the death of friend Cliff Simoneau:
BigJetDriver:
May God be with you my friend on that flight West that we all must fly some day.

Rob Davie

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom