In the beginning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thomas, Please tell how many dives you got on the OPS fins. They were worst than broke, they were plain wore out.. One of a Kind fin blade which really never got a name. Your a lucky Force Fin dealer who earned his dues selling and understanding my products. Being a Force Fin dealer starts the ball rolling towards being on the Test Team. I sure like the look of the display case, A class act Tom, Thanks Bob

Hey Bob and Everyone,

Thank you for the nice comment about the display case. It is a wonderful place for a rare pair of Force Fins to retire to. I can't tell you how much I LOVED THESE FINS!!!!!!! :D!!!!!! I have two pair of the Launch Pad fins that Bob sent me back in 2000 and 2001. The Launch Pad fins from the display case photo were my personal fins in my house in Cozumel, Mexico. They had over 1500 dives over 8 years and were my guiding force on many dives to over 300fsw. If you ever make these again Bob, I will be camped out on your door step. :blinking:

The other set of Launch Pad fins are the ones with the Force Fin Foils on them. I'm happy to say that they are still pushing me around on the reefs of Cozumel. The Photo in this post shows them in action.

Thank you once again Bob for all the great dives I have had with your wonderful fins.
Thom
Deep Blue Scuba
Austin Texas

Attachments

• R0013451.jpg
    R0013451.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 132
Thomas, my God, I forgot you have a pair of OPS Foils. Do you change the performance with the rotating blades?. May be I have had to many days working. Have you rotated the blades to promote a Frog kick? Let's hear what you have done with these unreal fins, Please, since they will be rolling out later this summer. Great photo. Best Bob

I recently had a photo sent to me from Carrie Vonderhaar, Staff Photographer and Photo Editor at Ocean Futures Society Welcome to Ocean Futures Society!
It was a picture of Matthew Ferraro the Chief Diver and Directory of Photography for Ocean Futures Society Free Diving in the Fjords of Norway. In this photo he has begun his descent into the chilling waters of Trollfjorden, Norway while wearing his drysuit and Tan Delta Excellerating Force Fins. excel_force_fin_product
MFF_norway%20copy1sb.jpg

This place is situated in Finnmark, Norway, its geographical coordinates are 71° 1' 0" North, 24° 1' 0" East and its original name (with diacritics) is Trollfjord.
Look for Matthew Ferraro’s Post about his Force Fin experience while Free Diving in Trolifjorden, Norway in our Force Fin forum this week.
http://www.forcefin.com/FF_PAGES/FF_Products/excel_force_product.htm

Here is our latest dive and my black buddies (would rather have yellow, but, black is better than nothing or the available "boards" strapped to your feet!)

Attachments

• 2009_0124(053)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(053)sm.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2009_0124(109)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(109)sm.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 79
  • 2009_0124(138) sm.JPG
    2009_0124(138) sm.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 78
  • 2009_0124(106)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(106)sm.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 84
This was taken by my wife as we were packing up. not posed. It just hit me. It isn't as "cool" as some of the fancier shots but I liked it.

Attachments

• 2009_0124(140)sm.JPG
    2009_0124(140)sm.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 135
bpm_extra_blade_kfsb.jpg

Photo by Kevin Flynn
In October 2008 I had the opportunity to direct and work in the lighting department for a HD video shoot in the Northern Channel Islands. The Director of Photography was Chuck Davis Chuck Davis - Tidal Flats Ltd.: Photography & Cinematography and our goal was to document the splendor and awe of the magnificent ecosystem found in the Giant Kelp forest.

My fin of choice for this shoot was the Extra Force Fin made out of the Original Material. I use this fin with a Bungie heel strap and whiskers. extra_force_fin_product

In this photo I am using the Force Wing Whiskers turned to their maximum inner setting/both of the whiskers on each side of the blade are turned in to the center of the blade. I was able to hover with two large HMI lights with no problem. Once in place I could simply use my Extra Force Fins to control my body and position with little effort and use of energy. Bob noticed the photo and told me, “That is the best setting for the whiskers for what you are doing, but if you want to get more power like fining against a current you need to adjust the whiskers one more click out / open it up one click and increase the power of the venturi being created from individual Blade Control IBC”
I told Bob thanks for noticing my “ZONE”
When we were finished with the above shoot of a beautiful Panulirus interruptus
I simply adjusted the Whiskers by opening them up one click and I was fining at the maximum power setting I use for traveling and fighting currents

I love the smart technology and versatility that my Force Fins provide.

Blair,
That is a really great picture! I do have a question though.
Are those fins configured with a Bungee?

Hey Bob,

Yes, I have turned the blades on my Launch Pad Foil Force Fins to get a Frog Kick thrust. It's the best fin for doing my dives in Cozumel. I can change from drift dives on the reefs to diving the many caves in and around Cozumel. What can I say but the LPFFF are a jack of all trades for diving. :) The Twin Fins from all the other scuba brands can't hold a candle to these fins. You are ahead of your time with this style of fin Bob. :D

I found some photos of one of my digs on a Galleon that we are finding LOTS of stuff on. In the photos you will see your Launch Pads (both Pairs) and yellow Pro Force Fins. Your fins were a must for the digs. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• Thom and Bel and Jon Galleon Bootie Photo2.jpg
    Thom and Bel and Jon Galleon Bootie Photo2.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Thom and Bel On the Galleons Anchor.jpg
    Thom and Bel On the Galleons Anchor.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Thom Rodeo Galleon Cannon Riding.jpg
    Thom Rodeo Galleon Cannon Riding.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Thom and Bel and Jon Galleon Bootie Photo1.jpg
    Thom and Bel and Jon Galleon Bootie Photo1.jpg