incidentally, speaking about my camcorder...a problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moogyboy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
You do remember, right? :) The Panasonic miniDV thing I won on eBay a few months ago for crazy cheap? Well, I totally messed it up, you see, within a week of getting it in my hands. I wanted to ask if any of you nice people have had problems with your cams like this, and to advise me on how to correct it.

Here's what it's doing: when the ambient light level gets below a certain level, the picture becomes extremely washed out, overexposed as it were, and the whole picture simultaneously goes dark as if someone turned down a brightness control to compensate for the overexposure. It ends up looking terrible. Unusable.

How it happened: It started doing this immediately after I stupidly experimented with video feedback on my parents' TV. But video feedback isn't supposed to hurt the camera, so far as I can tell.

Admitting it's probably my own darn fault, can any of the more repair-technical SB members here shed any light on what exactly happened and whether/how I can get it fixed? I rather would like to move forward, think about a housing and all that jazz, and turn my conversation to scuba related stuff again.

thanks, and cheers

Billy S.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom