Interested in Free Diving I Need Help/ Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Everyone

I am new to Scubaboard, I am in need of some help I have been trying out free diving but I want to dive deeper and stay down for longer periods of time. I am also looking for a training partner/ dive partner, I am in Orlando FL. ANY HELP is appreciated Thanks.

In re to your free-diving questions, best thing to do would be checking some of the older Newbie- and topic-related threads, lots of info there.

There is not a lot of freediving going on in the Orlando or central Florida area. Only a couple springs allow freediving. I've done it at Troy and Blue Springs at Orange City.

A much better idea would be to come down to SE Florida. We go out all the time in Pompano Bch, Deerfield Bch & Lauderdale By The Sea.
You can't beat a clear warm ocean with reefs and wrecks!
I'm giving a FREE Freediving Seminar at Dixie Divers - Deerfield Beach, on Fri. Feb. 22nd from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
And then teaching a Beginning Freediving Class on March 1st & 2nd
Check out the new thread I just posted in this Freediving Section
You may also want to check out my website below
Chad

Call 954-420-0009 to make reservervations
Dixie Divers - 455 S. Fed Hwy, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441

How do you get past the urgent need to breathe? I can barely swim for 20 seconds underwater before I feel the overwhelming need to surface and breathe before I pass out.

I highly recommend getting in touch with flamencoguru here on Scubaboard. He is a fantastic FII imstructor and he could certainly steer you in the right direction. The level 1 class covers how your body can adjust to lack of oxygen, what to expect to happen if you sense the urge to breathe, and most importantly, how to keep it all safe. You will be very pleased with what you learn and realize your body is capable of.

Back
Top Bottom