Interesting last names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the tugs I sailed on a few years ago had a cook named.......

wait for it.......

I'm serious, this really was his name.........

Harry Organ.

Despite the name, he's one of the best cooks I've ever sailed with.

And, though not a last name, my ex-wife had a cousin who named her daughter: Umber (first name) Ella (middle name).

Cheers,
Al.

Just remembered another one as I was reading through the posts. There's a PADI instructor living here named Norbert Johann Duckworth III. Kinda sounds like one of Huey, Duey, and Louie's uncles.

Al.

my sis-in-law's friend married a guy whose last name is orifice. swear to god. if i had that name, at least i'd pronounce it 'or-a-fee-chee' and sound all italian with it or something, but no, he pronounced it orifice. i definitely would have kept my maiden name...

Anyone ever hear the name Kusterle? That's my last name. Years ago my grandmother told me it was Slovakian, then a couple of months ago she told me it was Slovanian(?). She is 81 years old now and her health is deteriorating. I'm not sure which to believe. My first name is Blase - a variant of Blaise (sounds like "blaze"). Not too many of us around. Interestingly enough, I saw on a baby-names website once that boys with unusual first names are more likely to develop a personality disorder than girls with unusual first names. As far as I know, I don't have any disorders, and my friends tell me my name serves as the "perfect" pick-up line. They say all I have to do is walk up to a girl and say, "Hi...my name's Blase!" and nothing else needs to be said. I never tried that and I've been married for over two years now.

Back
Top Bottom