Intova Sport Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No I can not say I have used it like that. I have had it at 120' and I have had it in crappy vis. I did not really film anything though. Let me look through all my video and see what I can find.

I purchased this lens cap and it fits perfectly.

Kaiser 52mm Push-On Lens Cap 206952 B&H Photo Video

Is this a clear lens?

---------- Post Merged at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:50 PM ----------

JamesK, I really want to thank you for your vast amount of knowlede and postings pertaining to this camera. I just bought one based on your input. ( You should be compensated by the company). I am going to place it on the "GoPro wing" that I invented. I was torned between the GoPro and the Sartek. The GoPro has a large following with a vast amount of videos to be seen. The problem, IMHO, lies in that it has too many needed extra attachments to be effective as well as no view window or back display. This camera seems to have everything except the mountings I would need. Only drawback would be the inability to remove the camera from the housing. Thus, what happens when the battery will no longer hold a charge? Ditch it and buy new camera or send it back to dealer? Thanks again for your time and effort.

Tony,

Glad I could help. Just remember, these things, just like the GoPro's need a vast amount of light. I use two Sola 1200's and this past weekend in Peacock it was not enough. Of course with the particulates in the water my lights were not making it very far. So the video got grainy when I was looking far in to the distance. I have got some fantastic night dive videos with this setup though. I know I can get much better cave video, but I need clear water to do it. I how you enjoy it.

James

Peacock it was not enough. Of course with the particulates in the water my lights were not making it very far. So the video got grainy when I was looking far in to the distance. James

Care to send a link to the video? I really don't need the video to be cleaned up in that I would enjoy seeing it in it's raw form. Thanks again for everything. OBTW, do you use a clear protective lens on you camera?

I do not use a protective lens. I will see about trying to upload some of the video.

CIMG1825.jpgCIMG1823.jpgCIMG1824.jpg
Thanks again. Here is the wing it will be going on.

Why" It was us just trying to make use of what we have available. I really can't put down the money for 1200 led lights. We had the problem of having one light battery canister attached to the camera tray and the other one attached to the diver performing the filming for that dive. We could not hand off the camera which made it difficult entering and exiting the water as well as OS moments. (Think about getting in and out of Orange Grove when the water was down). With the new "wing tray" the lights and battery cans are attached to the tray. Using bicycle inner tubes to hold the battery cans in place we can adjust them on the fly to accommodate any size battery can. The pictures are taken showing that two different size battery cans may be used at the same time. Handles are place both above and below the tray for filming, hauling and handing off the tray. Diffusers are made from plastic lids that can be flipped off, but remain attached to the light head, in seconds if needed. Entire kit is slightly negative in fresh water. Light heads and arms are from Lock line. We also have the ability to attach PVC pipe for additional buoyancy under the tray is needed as well as additional lights. I don't have a scooter but I believe it can be adapter to one with very little trouble. I am able to stow the cables in the cavity between the battery cans and tray but am looking at automotive wire looms for smoother routing of cables. So, what do you think?

JamesK, have you got some of the video from Peacock yet?

---------- Post Merged on August 31st, 2012 at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous Post was on August 30th, 2012 at 10:12 AM ----------

Just picked one of these up and can't wait to use it. This thread was a huge help, thank you JamesK.

I initially bought a Hero 2 and then returned it in favor of the Intova. I plan on going to adorama in the next few days to figure out a lens cap option.

How did it perform and pictures please.

Back
Top Bottom