Introducing myself......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gozumutti

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello to all. At the beginning of January, I fulfilled a long-hedged dream and took a diving course down at the Red Sea. It was my first time underwater and after some initial panic, I completely fell in love. In spring I will return to the Red Sea to complete the Open Water Diver Certification.

gozumutti

Hi Goz,
Sounds like a great place to do your open water. Welcome to the boards!
Where are you from?:sunny:

Hiya Gozumutti!

For the first time ever I am the first to say - welcome!!!!
Glad you got into diving!!!
Where abouts do you come from?
Most of the time Mario or Mad(don)na beat everyone in saying hi so i thought for once I will!!!!!
Where abouts in the Red Sea did you go?
I was out there in July/August time - in the middle - Hurghada!

Look forward to hearing your comments on the board! :p

(Watch out for some of the scary people - they tend to be walking round in Leopard print wetsuits etc!)

Natasha just beat me - typical - well at least it wasnt one of the fellas!

ScubaBaby:bunny: I swear I didn't mean to. And it was by just 2 minutes.
I must be typing fast this morning, and I'm only on my first cup of java.:sunny:
Hope we can hear more about the Red Sea!

Hello Natasha, Scubababy and all:

Leopard print wetsuits? Where do I get one!! *grin*

I too was in Hurghada, which seems to consist of a pile of hotels...but the water was amazingly clear and warm and full of fish (just like on tv :) so I assume that I was very fortunate in my choice of first site. The instructors at the Jasmine Dive Center were all wonderful and VERY patient, considering that it took them 3 days just to get me into the water. I never knew that I was claustrophic until I experienced it. On the third day, I was ready to give up, but something went "click" inside, and suddenly I was ok:from then on in you couldn't keep me OUT of the water!

For the rest, I live in Switzerland (brrrrr!) and plan to go back to the Red Sea in spring......

Thanks for the kind welcome to the forum :)

gozumutti

I'll forgive you Natasha lol As it is early in the morning where you are - however where i am (the Lovely freezing UK) its actually 5.08pm! And I am in my flat and the heating has broken down so I am freezing many different parts of my body off right now to put it nicely.

Goz - if you think its cold in Swiz - try living here in January! But I warn you not to dive unless your a qualified IceDiver!!!! :cold:

Scuba Baby, Gozumutti
I guess we all can complain about the temps. Here in Ottawa Canada its overcast with the wind chill -18C and 5cm fresh snow on the ground (with more expected).

Welcome aboard the board. . . :D

The only snow we have had around me is on Boxing Day! Unfotunately - I think i'd have prefered a bit more snow at the moment - at the moment all we have is ice and frost!

Gozumutti,
Welcome to the boards, as you surf around you'll see that there's quite a few of us whom call this place home. Everyone here is very considerate and sometimes surprisingly funny. I guess you've already caught onto Ma(Don)na's escapades huh! LOL!

In all seriousness, we're glad to have you here! Spread the word, the more the merrier.

So... just between me and you, how did you get all these beautiful women to show interest in you here? You must be a magnet, which means I need to hang around you to find a new Mermaid... the last one didn't like cold water! LOL! *Ladies, HINT, HINT :wink: Mario winks and waits impatiently for a bite!* LOL! I have too much fun here!

Back
Top Bottom