Introducing myself......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Bio guy

It seems I have unwittingly caused something here....if I hear, on the news, of explosions in a garage in ontario, I will send flowers.*g*

And my beautiful 1000cc V-twin engine (with cat) will stay right where it is :)

Hmm..I can't dive in leathers, but maybe I can ride in neoprene...

gozumutti

BioGuy,
I've seen airfills much faster than 10seconds, and we're not talking about pony bottle's either. We're talking 3000psi Al80's I was standing right next to the cylinder, I don't think I've ever run so fast! LOL!

Second, let me know once you have a working prototype, if you're actually onto something, I can sell it to my contacts. Welcome to the Scuba DPV manufacturing realm. Do you know who & what your competition is? Or would you like for me to elaborate?

Thanks Mario.

Actually I hadn't really thought about selling them, or about the competition...was just going to make a few for myself and dive buddies. I've been tinkering with the drive component for a while now and I think I have solved the oil-imersion chamber/seal and bearing issues. I have quite a bit of 316 stainless sitting around to work with, but in the end, while stronger, may be a little too heavy..may have to go with aluminum.

I have a few other "free-time" projects on the go(drop camera, video housing etc), so finding time to actually get cutting and welding may take a while. But I do appreciate your info.

Cheers

Bio guy

Back
Top Bottom