Introducing the Game Changer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're going to have to go a long way to beat a good wool ski sock. Are you sure it is worth it?

I agree. I have found nothing warmer than my good old Red Wing wool socks. I cant see a need to spend more than $15 on a pair of socks when these work perfect. I have seen purpose built dive socks go for up to $100, I'll stick with wool.

You're going to have to go a long way to beat a good wool ski sock. Are you sure it is worth it?

Totally worth it.

We have always had dedicated dive socks (MK3, Neo, Pro-Series) and it is our most demanded item right now from divers who have seen the Thermal Fusion.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but there are really cool things you can do to a sock to make it more dive friendly.....you'll just have to take my work on it for now :)

Stay tuned.

Cheers,

JB

Personally, I'd love a WARM sock that didn't slip off my feet. Wool just doesn't cut it, but I tried the two layer 4th Element socks, and they were too slippy.

My feet never feel cold, but they're always numb at the end of the dive . . .

Oh, no. I have come to believe TSandM is certifiably nuts. :(

You see, she often speaks of diving in the Pacific North West, where the water is in the 40's!!!

So, even though I am forewarned that our somewhat-local Parker Canyon Lake was 47F, I'm thinking, "If TSandM can do it, I can handle 15-20 minutes."

So, I set my bottles at the water's edge and kit up. It suddenly got breezy, and I was wondering, "God, are you testing my resolve or is it not a good idea to dive today?" Air temp was a steady 55F.

I get to the water's edge and sit in the water to hook up the sidemounts. My feet are a little cold, but that is just another sock, so I am okay with that. My hands get chilled PDQ, but the rest of me was kind of okay! Big thumbs up for the Fusion Thermals! :thumb:

Since I have obviously stirred silt in the shallows, I pump up my Nomad, swing around, and head for the deeper water on my back. Yep, hands still cold and feet chilly, but no problem. This undergarment rocks!!

Then, I pull my newly fashioned dump and turn over . . . .

OMG MY FACE WAS ON FIRE!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!? I pumped air in my BC and hit for the shore like Jaws was on my tail.

I think I broke some kind of record getting my tanks off and me up on the shore. Once in the air with sun on my face, the prickling cold went away. Lynne, :worship:

Fourth Element Xerotherms base with the tank top as well. Fusion Thermals on top. My body did not feel the chill although I suspect by 30 minutes I would feel it. No argon.

This was much warmer than the Xerotherms with the F. E. Arctics. Bulk was about the same.

One thing I will say is that I seem to be 'stuffed' in my suit -- I think I need more length on the legs. There's a bit of binding in the knees.

Nice visual, Jax :) I just got a Halo 3D that I'll be trying but I saw the game changer a few days ago and it seems like a nice piece of kit. I might try it out, also. A 200g MK2 was always good enough for me in a Fusion to 48* for over 300 dives. But I tried it in a DUI and may have well been naked. Since I'm picking up a FLX Extreme I'm in the market for better undies. I'll try this one out.

:lol: This was me heading for shore:

1241962631kiR9z55.jpg

Have spent some time in the water today trying desperately to force the shoulder pads on the Halo to allow me to reach my isolator, I sure would like to try a Thermal Fusion. Something I would swear at while donning the suit, that would also allow me to reach my valves like I can in the MK3 (once I insert it into the Fusion) would be awfully nice.

Jax, how can you have ANY idea what the undergarment is like, when you levitated out of the water before you could even feel it?

Reactions: Jax
Have spent some time in the water today trying desperately to force the shoulder pads on the Halo to allow me to reach my isolator, I sure would like to try a Thermal Fusion. Something I would swear at while donning the suit, that would also allow me to reach my valves like I can in the MK3 (once I insert it into the Fusion) would be awfully nice.

Jax, how can you have ANY idea what the undergarment is like, when you levitated out of the water before you could even feel it?

:spit: Well, I did swim on my back about 20 yards out! :rofl3:

So last Saturday I did a dive with the thermal fusion. Air temp 9 degrees Fahrenheit, water temp 41 degrees for 40 minutes. I was perfectly comfortable[FONT=arial, sans-serif] and could have stayed much longer, I know people say they are warm in a drysuit I use the term comfortable. Why you ask, because my definition of warm is sitting in my chair in front of the wood stove and the room temp being around 78 degrees, so my comfortable may very well be someones hot. Yes I am very happy with the undergarment and would suggest it to anyone wanting to purchase it. After seeing how well this undergarment performs I'm now intrigued about the new upcoming socks.[/FONT]

Hi Jax,

If you have seen the video you will notice that we are wearing the Whites MK0 Bamboo layer full under suit as a base layer.

Any light wicking layer can be used (Dri-Fit, Under Armour, Merino..etc).

Now when you say "Full Zipper" you mean to start at the crotch and go to......................?????

Cheers,

JB

:eek:fftopic:
Happy Birthday, Renegade!!! :bday:
:focus:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom