Introducing the Game Changer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoot! I thought I had read something that they were putting a crotch zipper in the TF. That drop seat (and the hand warmer pockets) are two of my favorite features of the MK3.

? There's a standard men's zipper so you can run the she-p out, but no, there is not a complete crotch zipper. :(

I distinctly remember my first time pulling one on - I started getting hot immediately and wanted out in minutes.

Still the same thing when I'm indoors. Is it possible that <gasp> you could be "colder" than me? Nope, on reflection, that isn't possible. Just ask the people I dive with.

All the best, James

:D I wear a 7mm in an 84F pool, for about an hour . . . can you beat that? :giggle:

I cannot believe I skied the Alps in 7F temps . . . danged personal thermostat.

HI Everyone,

We tried to keep zippers to a minimum as they don't stretch, lose heat, and add cost to the item. I know it's not as convenient for some without the back zipper but we really wanted to achieve maximum insulation and flex.

You definitely have to don the suit in much the same manner as the Fusion. It does get easier after a few times, trust me. Also in the ankles I know that it does feel like the material is bunching, but if you have pulled the inner core up correctly it's not bunching. What we did is stop the inner liner in this position because if we add bulk to the ankles it makes it difficult to don the feet of your Fusion. We are working on a really sweet Thermal Fusion sock right now!

Cheers,

Justin

a really sweet Thermal Fusion sock right now!

Justin

OK, that doe's it, its about time you chaps got onto the evil overlords, (Aqualung, Shhh), & insist they force Aquanuts, their Oz distributer, to get your stuff down here.

It's really tedious having to rely on the services of 3 different national parcel services at times.

HI Everyone,

We tried to keep zippers to a minimum as they don't stretch, lose heat, and add cost to the item. I know it's not as convenient for some without the back zipper but we really wanted to achieve maximum insulation and flex.

You definitely have to don the suit in much the same manner as the Fusion. It does get easier after a few times, trust me. Also in the ankles I know that it does feel like the material is bunching, but if you have pulled the inner core up correctly it's not bunching. What we did is stop the inner liner in this position because if we add bulk to the ankles it makes it difficult to don the feet of your Fusion. We are working on a really sweet Thermal Fusion sock right now!

Cheers,

Justin

Justin, what does Whites recommend for a base layer?

And as for not having a full crotch zipper . . . . :chairfight:

I'm with you, Jax! Only a man would design an undergarment you have to take off to below your waist in order to pee . . . designed for places where the water temperatures are cold, and the air temperatures are, too!

Hi Jax,

If you have seen the video you will notice that we are wearing the Whites MK0 Bamboo layer full under suit as a base layer.

Any light wicking layer can be used (Dri-Fit, Under Armour, Merino..etc).

Now when you say "Full Zipper" you mean to start at the crotch and go to......................?????

Cheers,

JB

I think Jax and I both like the butt zipper on the MK3, but even a zipper from pubis to buttocks would make life easier.

Hi Jax,

If you have seen the video you will notice that we are wearing the Whites MK0 Bamboo layer full under suit as a base layer.

Any light wicking layer can be used (Dri-Fit, Under Armour, Merino..etc).

Sorry - I don't have a lot of drysuit experience nor exposure, so I couldn't tell you what the MK0 looks like. :)

Now when you say "Full Zipper" you mean to start at the crotch and go to......................?????

Cheers,

JB

I think Jax and I both like the butt zipper on the MK3, but even a zipper from pubis to buttocks would make life easier.

What TSandM said. :D

What we did is stop the inner liner in this position because if we add bulk to the ankles it makes it difficult to don the feet of your Fusion. We are working on a really sweet Thermal Fusion sock right now!

Cheers,

Justin

You're going to have to go a long way to beat a good wool ski sock. Are you sure it is worth it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom