Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey I am a new diver and none of my friends are into diving. I am looking for an experienced diver who has patience (for a new diver). I live in the Gainesville area but I also travel down to the Tampa/St. Pete area on a regular basis. If you sound like you fit this description and need a partner let me know.

Name: Tracy

Comments: I recently received my AOW certification and have already become addicted to diving. I have been trying to dive as much as possible. I am looking to find dive buddies because so far all I've been able to do is book tour dives. That gets expensive and I don't like the time limitations. :) Since I have only had experience with freshwater diving I would like to try some salt water dives. I am also very interested in cavern diving and would love to get certified.

Hi, my name's Chris and I just got certified this month. I took a class with Dr. Heyward Mathews at SPC and have been on 6 dives so far. I'm here looking for people in the area who are interested in diving as a group or a club. I own all my own equipment and looking forward to going out as much as possible!

Hi all,

My name is Mark and Im a newer diver looking to get a ton of bottom time :D

I live out near Orlando in Clermont but frequent Tampa and the springs up to Ginnie. I work for myself and have free time during the week and would love to buddy up. So send me a PM and friend request.

Name: Ryan

Comments: I recently got certified and am looking for diving buddies. I have a boat in a marina in Tarpon Springs. So I would be able to take people out to some of the artificial reefs in the area.

Name: Shawn

Hi everyone! I just recently got certified PADI AOW + Nitrox. I'm signed up for a NAUI Advanced class that, at the time of this post, I have not taken yet. I'm looking for dive buddies for boat dives, shore dives, spring dives in Crystal River / Rainbow River, river drift diving, etc. Anything to have fun. I have all my own equipment except for tanks. Diving a BP/W from day one. I just tonight found out my liveaboard trip to the Dry Tortugas got cancelled due to bad weather down that way, so I'd really like to get out on the water!

If you own a boat and want a dive buddy, I can share in the expenses - I know boats are gasoline thirsty beasts!

Debajo agua/ Bryan

Tampa

Since I was a kid, me and my family have always enjoyed Florida's waters, as much as I could, I've tried to stay connected as an adult. It was only recent, that I have had the time and money to pursue getting into diving. So here I am, a graduate of OW with about a dozen dives under my belt, looking to explore the underwater world. Rather quickly, I've accumulated quite a bit of dive equipment, as each payday draws close, I find myself shopping for the next piece of equipment. I enjoy the technical and logistical challenges; gear maintenance; problem solving associated with diving (it keeps me occupied);the marine science and scenery; the feeling of weightlessness and the factor of the unknown. Diving has become my "crack". There's a lot of knowledge and experience out there, and I have a lot to learn; so hopefully one day I can contribute back. That's my ultimate goal.

Last edited:
Name: Jeff

Comment: I initially got certified for the sake of diving for lobster. In the last two years, I have started to become more in to diving and wanting to try out new and different places. Hoping to meet and dive w/ others.

Hi..
Rich in Springhill here. Wife is in the process of getting certed but always up for a dive. been active for 10 years with this wonderful sport and always looking for more

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom