Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Name: Matt
Comments: Been certified since I was a kid and been diving on and off since then. The past few years, life has gotten in the way and my wife and I haven't been in the water much. Looking to change that and start getting wet again regularly!

Name: usneen423/ Tom
Comments: Just got certified. Looking to do as much diving as possible and meet new people!

Name: Josh

Comments: Always looking for someone to dive with... Funds are limited so I dont make it out on charters much... but if you have a boat and are looking to split some gas money or want to do a shore/lake/river dive... I'm in!

:cool2:

Tracy, Are u cavern cert. by any chance ??...I'm a long time fl. diver [east coast who fossil dives weekly off Venice. Floridawestscuba ] and want to get as many cavern dives [N. Fl. High Springs, Williston, Ft. White etc ] in before moving on to Caves...I'm retired so my schedule is flexible....Pete

Name: Geoff

Comments: Newly minted certification card and boxes of new gear waiting to get baptized. Looking for other divers in the same or similar boat (so to speak) to buddy up with as we get familiar with our equipmentband used to being underwater.

Name: Kristin

Comments: Been diving regularly for about a year now with my bf and other guys, would love to meet some female divers in the area, even out the odds a little. Willing to share expenses if you've got a boat, but love to dive anywhere (except caves, I'm a puss like that).

I am a not quite certified Newbie. My daughter (age 14) and I should be certified labor day weekend, then our goal is to get in the water as much and as soon as possible (around her very crazy school/gymnastics schedule). I am looking for groups/buddies local to the Tampa area that may be willing to help us out while we get our skills and confidence up.

Niminie - I see this is an older post. I am beginning classes with my teen age daughter. How are the two of you doing? Any advice on Family Friendly dives, ways to get wet close to Tampa, without spending a fortune? Please contact me if you have ideas, or if you wouldn't mind diving with a couple of Newbies (certified by Labor Day Weekend).

Thanks -

Niminie - I see this is an older post. I am beginning classes with my teen age daughter. How are the two of you doing? Any advice on Family Friendly dives, ways to get wet close to Tampa, without spending a fortune? Please contact me if you have ideas, or if you wouldn't mind diving with a couple of Newbies (certified by Labor Day Weekend).

Thanks -

The best place to dive close to Tampa Bay is Venice Beach. But you need to watch the winds. Make sure they are out of the east for best visibility. This is a shallow shore dive. Good luck with your diving and your daughter's gymnastics schedule. Been there done that - mine was a Level 9 gymnast until she graduated HS - then onto USF Cheerleading.

The best place to dive close to Tampa Bay is Venice Beach. But you need to watch the winds. Make sure they are out of the east for best visibility. This is a shallow shore dive. Good luck with your diving and your daughter's gymnastics schedule. Been there done that - mine was a Level 9 gymnast until she graduated HS - then onto USF Cheerleading.

Thanks! - mine is starting Level 8, and 8th grade, it is a crazy schedule, but we both really want to do this. Shore dives sound fun, and theoretically pretty easy, but definitely not something I'd tackle on my own without someone that's done it before. Do you know of groups or shops in Venice that could help us out finding someone to go with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom