Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Hubbard

Gainesville Florida area, Specifically High Springs.

Fairly new to diving. Work for myself so I can dive weekdays or weekends. Would love to go spearfishing. Will dive springs (no cave). Interested in fossil hunting too. I have my own boat 21ft. Seaswirl Striper with a 175. Looking for a dive/spearing buddy with safety as a priority. Own my own gear, less tanks. May travel too.

Best way to get me is Email. Jhubbard714@windstream.net

Dive safe!
Jay

Name: Niminie / Dawn

Comments: Divorced mother and teenage daughter just starting classes. But we're hoping to finish and then start diving, make new friends, see new places and just have a good time while bonding.

R1_Addict Scubaboard Wild_Bill most other places. I am Bill and new to diving. Just finished AOW and Nitrox and started Cavern last week. I am jumping into this sport full speed ahead with my 15 year old son Billy. We have done all springs and sinks so far. One Ocean dive but it was a flop. We are looking to get out to some reefs and wrecks. We are usually available on the weekends. We are up for just about anything. I kike to keep him above 80' as he tends to get "narked" past that...

CrackedConch / Bryan

St. Petersburg

I love diving! I got certified in 2001 and feel 'deep' into this sport. I began to immediately 'soak' up as much scuba knowledge and experience as I could. Three years ago I went for my Divemaster certification. Once I had a couple of years experience as a DM I decided to 'immerse myself' in studying for my Instructor rating, which I achieved in October 2008. I also got certified to teach Emergency First Response (CPR + First Aid + AED) and the Oxygen Provider Specialty. My next personal challenges are to gain more experience teaching and to work on some Specialty Instructor certifications such as Nitrox, Deep, Wreck, Navigation and Night.

My experience includes the Caribbean and FL Keys, NC Wrecks, FL Springs and freshwater lake diving in SC. I just moved to Tampa Bay in January to be with my better half (Monica) and I'm looking forward to hitting some local sites with all my new friends from this board. Thanks again for the warm welcome at the April meet and greet--we can't wait for the next one!

So, let's GO DIVE!!

Name: Ponyfeathers/ Deanna or Dee

Comments: Just got certified and cant wait to dive all the time. I cant wait to do a salt water dive since both my other dive trips have been Hudson Grotto or Rainbow River. Im a shutterbug at heart, so im defintely into uw photography, and i am amazed at even the ugliest river fish that comes up to me. I cant wait to learn more about anything to do with the ocean or diving, and i'll be watching the board for opportunities to dive with all of you (once my wallet allows for some rental gear of course!)

salty_dog_68/eric

new to scuba board. I have 20+ years diving experience. i am about 50/50 spearfishing/picture taking. i usually fish ledges and take pictures of wrecks. i have my own boat and list of numbers. i work weekends and have weekdays off so i am looking for you weekday divers to complete my trips. i try to get out at least once a week when the gulf temp is between 72deg and 85deg. let me know if you are ready to go and available mon, tues, or wed. *in the summer time we start early to beat the sea breeze. you have to be able to be at the dock by 7am.*

Invalid Friend ID

Login | Facebook

Name: Javy

Married, 27 male grad student. Laid back, don't take my self to serious, kind of guy. Have a somewhat flexible schedule. Can dive weekdays and prefer it, to avoid all the weekend madness. Love boat fishing, kayaking, etc. Been diving in the gulf out of Sarasota, never good viz. Looking to change that. Have a 21' Carolina Skiff 09 with 150 Suzuki outboard. Lots of room for gear :wink:

Name: htn123/Charles

Been diving/spearfishing for a while. Move to Lutz from Austin a year 1/2 ago. Love Tampa. Looking to do more diving/spearfishing. Anyone got boat, I am more than happy to split the cost and help in anyway I can.

Name: TMet/Terry

I've been diving for about a year and a half. AOW and Cavern certified taking intro soon. I can generally be found on Sundays or Mondays at the Hudson Grotto and diving elsewhere at least once a week. I'm a spring junkie, but I would like to spend more time in salt. I'm always looking for new dive buddies so I can dive more. I work overnights so if staying local I can dive anytime.

Echoo- John

Tarpon Springs/Boat is located in Ozona

Hey Everyone! Just getting back on the water after about a 3 year break and Can't wait to start diving again. I have Been diving on and off since I was 15(16 years Now), Although I just got certified in 03. From 03-07 I Pretty much sucked on a tank at least once a week sometimes 2, 2-3 dives a day depending on depth. Tanks are getting hydro'ed as I type this and regs just got rebuilt. Filters are ordered for the Boat. Having to do a full service as it has not even been started for 2 years. (Dorado 30 with a D4 260hp Diesel. I burn about 8gals a hour at 30-35 miles a hour.) I plan to hit the vet barges middle of the week to see if my gills still work. After that I would like to get out 1 or 2 days a week till I start working then every weekend there after. I am avialible 7 days a week till such time.

Would love to hook up with a person or two in the area and try to dive at least once a week. I see there are a couple with boats less than one mile from mine. Someone such as this would be perfect about every other Sunday or so I have to take the little lady and the twins out to the isles, as the wife loves the water as much as I do. ATM I am need of a person to stay top side also..... so friends that don't dive is a plus.

P.S I love the water in or out. If you are not 100% comfy on or under the water I am probably not the buddy for you. I am willing to dive off just about anyones boat as long as you are safe and have reliable equipment. Anyone interested in coming onboard my boat for diving will need to request a meeting/outing non dive related so I can get to know you a little. I am looking for safe responsible person(s)

Fill free to PM me or email at daddydoesdirt@live.com

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom