Introductions - Dive Buds - Best of both threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone! Been a ScubaBoard member for eons and just never think to come on and plunder. Been diving for many years...many dives. Middle aged and loving it! I live near Tampa and have a wonderful group of friends near the Ft. Lauderdale area I love diving with. They've recently encouraged me to become involved here. I love life..I love to dive..and I love to talk about diving. Padi Master Scuba Diver Trainer (inactive)

Take me diving!

I am Ryan, and I love diving. Quite experienced elsewhere in the world(drop me a line if you are planning a SE Asia dive trip) but only done a few dives here in Bradenton. I love the big stuff that we get in this part of the world, and in an ideal situation, I'd love to see the annual Tarpon/Greater Hammerhead games from an underwater perspective.

I'm here with my girlfriend until July 4th and am looking for dive buddies during the week or on the weekend. We have our own stuff and are both solid divers. Drop me a PM if you have space and want to split costs.

Name: Purduepete/Erik

Info: Certified in 2000, to get over my fear of water. Dive Venice Beach quite a bit. Been to Bonaire twice, and hope to retire there someday. Dive Pompano and Key Largo a couple times a year. Love liveaboards.

Relatively new to Diving here. I got open water certified last fall and just completed my advanced open water this month. I've logged around 20 dives so far and just keep getting more and more addicted. Favorite dives so far have been West Palm Beach and spearing in Destin. Looking to meet more people to dive with...hit me up!

Well I might as well tack up my introduction here. My name is Jayson, I'm 26 and I just recently moved here to St Petersburg from Maryland. I'm utterly new to the sport and I haven't taken any classes yet. I did two dives last summer in Puerto Rico on the Discover Scuba program and I got hooked. I've been eagerly looking forward to getting certified and starting to dive, but there weren't many opportunities to do so while I was still in Maryland. Now that I'm here in Tampa Bay there doesn't seem to be any excuse not to get on the ball!

Name: Tim
Info: Newly certified and looking to dive. Have done a Hudson Grotto dive and a Gulf dive, would prefer to do some shore dives to gain some more experience and get used to my gear. Don't know anyone that dives (yet) so if anyone wants to go with a newbie just send me a message.

Name: Matt
Info: Started Scuba technically in 2005, but didn't do much diving until a year ago. Currently getting Nitrox certified as a precursor to AOW [someday want to be able to say that I've dove the big wrecks of FL]. Mainly the occasional shore dive now [the college budget]...

Edit-Forgot to mention that I got all of my gear [except tanks] and can dive weekdays or weekends [at least until college starts again].

Hi all,

I'm new to this board and just looking for someone to dive with in the area. My girl who is afraid of the gulf will only dive the key's, bahamas, caribbean etc... Just looking for some fun people to dive locally. You seem like great people, hope to meet you all soon.

Adam

BTW.

Those new to florida I have dove the speigal grove, blackthorn, duane and every reef in the key's. Trust me there is great diving in a few hours drive.

Name: Ricardo Martinez
Comments: I'm 24 years old and will be moving to the Winter Haven area in mid-July. I'm a divemaster in training out of Puerto Rico and would like to know about dive shops and other divers in the area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom