Invasion Central

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't the limit on number of rooms and not the number of people?

I think you're right... 75 rooms. I would bet most are 2 per and some may have more (families?) to put the roster at or near 150 if all rooms are booked.

Isn't the limit on number of rooms and not the number of people?

There is a limit for both

Explanation

The hotel is only guaranteeing to hold rooms for the Invasion package until late March, then it becomes if rooms are available.

I am limiting the event to 150 divers.
I want to maintain the level of service and this IMO would not be possible with a larger group of divers.

The only way to guarantee a spot is to put a deposit down with Al.

We have updated the crew list and are working on the new map.

Plane tickets acquired!!! Used frequent flyers for a cozy first class flight from June 25 - July 9. Now I gotta decide where to stay for my rescue course beforehand!!
Are you looking at conserving money on lodgings? Are you going to have a vechicle?

The Invasion Crew list has been updated. If you have joined, but do not see your name or I misspelled your name please PM me.

We have also added the new map showing where the Invasion Crew is coming from, if you have joined, but your area is not posted or If I have misspelled where you are from please PM me.
If you have not signed up, what are you waiting for?
confused.gif
Is your area represented?

Official 2012 Invasion Crew List

Texas is at it again
State with most crew members
Texas 14 Florida 7

Just spoke with Al to book our two seats for the whale sharks. Yeah, it's extra, but how many times in your life are you gonna get to swim with whale sharks? :thumb:

I did once... Believe it or not... we were doing an AOW Fish ID dive... We had a bad drop (sand), so we were coming back up when we looked up and thought we were just under the boat... but, the boat had fins...

Tamsey and I are on the whale shark excursion, too. Looking forward to it.

Tracy, I will be flying from Tampa also and airfare was 560.00 earlier this week. I believe it will drop to near the cost last year which was 475.00 I think. So be patient is the advise I am telling everyone.
I don't have a crystal ball but know what I paid last year.

How long did you wait last year before you bought?

How long did you wait last year before you bought?
I believe it was 8 weeks before the Invasion. Airfare is crazy right now, there are multiple threads about this on the board. Patience is the key, keep watching.

IN CASE ANYONE MISS MY PREVIOUS POST ON THIS ISSUE.

While I don't have a crystal ball and world event can change this. Roxanne and I have been on many trips and I have found the best rates for fights are typically 10-6 weeks before arrival and the best time to search for flights is Tuesday & Wednesday midday. Also clear your cookies before searching.

Also I like using KAYAK & the Matrix to search and watching rates over time to see rates fall and rise during the weeks to find a baseline price. I will say if you see a VERY LOW rate don't wait it could be a Airline glitch but the price is valid.

If anyone has any other tips please share.
04.gif

DISCLAIMER I AM NOT A AIRLINE GURU, Please don't blame me and I am only basing this on my past results.

Back
Top Bottom