Invest 96 bears watching

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, and apart from the slight hurricane risk it did seem like there was some higher risk for blowing out a day of diving, or at least requiring some site selection, due to vanilla bad weather...

It would be a nasty day on the boat today. It has been raining steadily since around 9:30am this morning with some locally heavy downpours. Hardly any wind so far. Looking at the size of the storm and it's path through the Yucatan, it looks to rain for at least the next 24 hours. Still would rather be here than anywhere else. A rainy day tomorrow would be perfect for watching the FIFA World Cup semi-finals.

The wind forecast starting tonight as this thing moves through could close the port in the morning, so you might get your wish Mike:

Wind Forecast for Cozumel

And the models do have it coming here as a tropical wave, not even depression, it's wet now and will be wet for at least the rest of today and I'm guessing most of tomorrow...

avn.jpg

The wind forecast starting tonight as this thing moves through could close the port in the morning, so you might get your wish Mike:

Wind Forecast for Cozumel

And the models do have it coming here as a tropical wave, not even depression, it's wet now and will be wet for at least the rest of today and I'm guessing most of tomorrow...

avn.jpg

Taking the 6 a.m. over the mainland in the morning. Hopefully they won't shut the ferry down. No doubt it's going to be a rough ride. Maybe time to stretch out on the cots and get a little sleep.

Maybe it's time for NOAA to get a new Crystal Ball. :)
Computers would predict more accurately if the winds were more predicable.

Port was open, boats headed out, then they closed the port a few minutes ago, according to the models the tropical wave is directly on top of us, and the wind is picking up, looks like heavy rain all morning....

Last edited:
Even Lubbock TX incurred flooding from Alex and the remnants are still raining here some. My daughter's sis-in-law ruined her SUV engine Saturday night, but after last week's 1,000 mile trip with her's as one of the two vehicles - having seen her driving, I'm glad she and her kids didn't float off into a playa lake. Flooding is the most deadly factor of any of these storms. Y'all be careful down there.

All of the models take this one over the western Gulf torward Texas or Mexico, but Master's is thinking more northerly, with intensity building this week.

Satellite around Coz looks really clear, nothing developing... Coz is going to be in the clear for awhile...

And I96 looks like its going to sputter out and not develop at all... Its traveling basically along Alex's path and colder water that Alex chewed up is suppressing development.

Alex is still causing flooding in the Lubbock Amarillo area even tho it's long dead. All that water in the air drifted up here. Got to wonder how much 96 is going to dump on the northern states of Mexico. They were badly hit by Alex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom