Is it as good a deal as it sounds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantaray52

Registered
Reaction score
Being new to SCUBA I don't know much about gear prices, especially with used equipment that I can actually afford. I found a deal on a used rig composed of an Aqualung Titan (1st, 2nd, and octo) a Suunto pressure gauge and a Zoop computer, "dive ready" for $250+ shipping. For the whole package, the price seems good to me. Is it, and are there any major questions I need to ask?

I don't know about the price, but I would try to find out the last time it was serviced and usage since.

You should also have it serviced or at least inspected after you get it, so factor that cost into the price as well.

If everything is working fine and there's no more to pay $250 is good. Caveats:
1. People can be picky over their computers and Zoops are no exception.
2. Make sure you're certain its "dive ready." That may cost extra money.

If it looks in good condition it is a very reasonable price......good condition, LX model with a compass, jump on it quick.

Titan LX with octo, pressure gauge, and a Zoop, all in good condition, even without the compass is a great deal.

If it is all in good condition, it is in service and the first stage has not been flooded by leaving the dust cap off during washing etc (hang on, silly me, the Titan LX has ACD). Then go for it. Lucky you. Great buy. :eyebrow:

Yes, it looks to me that is very good deal. Titan is good rg. Just check when was the last service. If is in service, than hurry up....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom