Is it bad to PEE in your wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've never liked bananas very much, thus the potassium pills. But I wonder how much just having a banana or two before a dive does help. Don't you need time for it to be digested and into your system? I have no idea how long that takes. My take on the banana thing would be you'd have to have a fairly steady diet of them. I take a potassium pill daily and really haven't cramped to any degree in years. Those with expertise please fill me in.

1L of water before bed time works like a charm. No more cramping today skiing in Brighton (Utah). It was cold day (+ windy & snowy) though. 14F (-10C) in the Resort & 3F (-16C) up on top.

By all means, please pee. Otherwise, you'll get uromysitisis poisoning (obscure Seinfeld reference).

No way, man. Having used condom catheters in my drysuit I would never put one on a wetsuit. They beat wearing a diaper, but I'd rather just go in the wetsuit without question.

most of my diving is dry, necessary evils there and better than coming out smelling horrible *both you and the suit*

Just saying hi and hope to learn a lot from the group. New divers from WA state.
It's only bad to pee in your wetsuit if it is actually owned by someone else.

It's only bad to pee in your wetsuit if it is actually owned by someone else.
Hmm....Begs the question--Bad for who?

A
I found eating the bananas at least a half hour before the dive worked.
As long as it is not on the boat, very bad karma to take bananas on a boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom