Is it okay to store scuba gear in the garage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about storing tanks in freezing temperatures? Is it OK to leave them in the garage in the winter?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

When it gets right down to it, the answer is, it depends on where your wife will let you store it. Mine still lets me store mine in the guest room. Of course I don't have any tanks, but if I did by God my stuff would still be store inside (putting foot down) maybe. :D

Only in America s it possible to have a $30,000 car parked outside because the garage is full of junk.

Wow that is dedication. I cringe at turning on the AC for just a bedroom, never mind making a whole room and keeping it cool specifically for dive gear! Awsome :)

Well..........we also store her cokes and my beer.......maybe a few other things :wink:

Garage is ok unless petro/solvents are involved. I agree with being sure "wild life" is not making a home in your gear - nothing like seeing a spider on the inside of your mask at 80' to encourage you to take additional precautions (yeah, been there done that :) )

As long as it is not near any solvents, petroleum products, and temp extremes it should be fine. I don't have a garage and so my gear is stored in my home office/service area and on a large rack in my bedroom. As well as in the kitchen, living room, etc. Living alone does, at times, have it's plusses.:D[/QUOTE

Ahh, Love the smell of neoprene in the morning! :)

Garage is ok unless petro/solvents are involved. I agree with being sure "wild life" is not making a home in your gear - nothing like seeing a spider on the inside of your mask at 80' to encourage you to take additional precautions (yeah, been there done that :) )
Time for some mask drills :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom