Is it possible to travel responsibly (during a pandemic)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taiwan didn't have anyone in the lab. They monitor Chinese social media, and other open source information. They were able to detect the signs of a possible epidemic long before the CCP publicly admitted it and likely before they even knew they had one.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the CDC to take this concept and see about applying it on a global level. The next pandemic might not come from China.
We started to monitor(temperature) anyone arriving from that place as early as 04th Jan 2021 while most parts of the world were still dreaming.

"We"?
Your mistake not mine.
I would trust anything coming from there with suspicious! FAKE is the name of the game.

I was talking one American to another, so the "We" is pretty clearly as the American people and the US government.

Taiwan didn't have anyone in the lab. They monitor Chinese social media, and other open source information. They were able to detect the signs of a possible epidemic long before the CCP publicly admitted it and likely before they even knew they had one.

I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for the CDC to take this concept and see about applying it on a global level. The next pandemic might not come from China.
We had people in the lab until 2017, I guess Taiwan had competent leadership

We started to monitor(temperature) anyone arriving from that place as early as 04th Jan 2021 while most parts of the world were still dreaming.

That option will probably go away soon, I think within a decade Hong Kong will effectively be another province China with no real differences.

That option will probably go away soon, I think within a decade Hong Kong will effectively be another province China with no real differences.

A decade? You’re optimistic.

Do you have anymore strawmen for me to knockdown based on your view of my positions?

This is Scubaboard. Not the entrance exam for All Soul’s College at Oxford. Throwing debating rules violations around in an Internet forum is a self defensive load of malarkey.

This is Scubaboard. Not the entrance exam for All Soul’s College at Oxford. Throwing debating rules violations around in an Internet forum is a self defensive load of malarkey.

Actually if I were referencing in debate rules, it would be you building strawmans for yourself to knock down. Instead you are building strawmen for me to knock down because you believe my position is X when in reality it is Y.

What is that going to do with this virus?

Any attempts to enforce border controls like that would be an embarrassment to the CCP. And something that they won't allow to stand until they decide there is an epidemic/pandemic to control.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom